E4 ebay sellers

where can I find that list with all the E4 members that also are ebay sellers? ^^

Don’t think there is one, maybe there should be?

I’ll start:

www.ebay.com/sch/king_pokemon/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I once saw a list, just cant find it anymore

Gotta pin that thing- Just tried searching for it but no success… Also remember a post about alternate accounts on other websites/forums/games etc

There’s something about this that included maybe eBay and Instagram names but don’t think it’s updated

They did have a post that I saw but it was for E4 members in Australia or the UK I thought. If no one knows or can’t find it, you should create a new thread (if its for US sellers).

If you are referring to this one (Instagrams and YouTube channels) or this one (Gaming usernames), they don’t include eBay names unfortunately.

For eBay sellers? I do know about this recent thread to ask where the Australian members live, but I haven’t seen any Australian (or UK) eBay sharing threads.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

It might be a cool idea to make a list maybe? idk haha

But on side note you can always make a buy thread and e4 folks will reach out to you if they have the card you need!

1 Like

@quuador to the rescue :blush: we probably don’t have a list to not promote selling/maintain privacy or something like that?

Would love a reliable list though

2 Likes

The list may be good, might be nice to browse through their store too if you want to see what they are offering. Sometimes it might spark something. I tend to do this on smpratte’s page haha…

3 Likes

This has been a point of discussion in the staff section several times, some stuff to come out of our discussions was:

• Having a list of E4 sellers could be confusing to new members who think selling is allowed
  • It could be interpreted to go against the no selling rule to allow eBay links anywhere other than signatures
  • A main reason the no selling rule was implemented was to limit the number of people coming here solely for access to a high-end market and not to contribute to discussions. Adding a place to simply post eBay links could attract these people.
  • Links in signatures promotes activity (the more you post the more people see your ebay link) whereas a list of sellers does not.
  • An E4 list of sellers implies an E4-endorsed list of sellers. We can’t screen every new member, so would there be some kind of restriction on who gets listed? How do we enforce claims against listed sellers?

I do see some positives, namely the ability to work out off-ebay deals and support sellers who are contributing to the Pokemon community. But I think there are major negatives that make such a list unviable. However it has been a topic of discussion for awhile among the staff and the forum and I doubt this will be the last time it’s brought up.

11 Likes

My suggestion was only people with 10,000 or higher posts could sell but got shot down lol.
Seriously though, did you guys think about a sales thread but only for contributors with a certain amount of participation badges/posts?

3 Likes

As someone who would likely benefit from a post count qualifier I would be against it myself. For one, quantity of posts doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with the quality of person. I mean look at my post count. :face_with_spiral_eyes: It could also lend itself for members below the threshold to seek quantity and not quality when interacting with the forum.

Again seriously though I think it’s nice that there aren’t selling threads here for anyone and I think it should stay that way. It makes it a more genuine experience at least I think anyways. We are all allowed to have links in our signatures and for guys like you and me who talk so much we are getting enough (if not too much) advertisement from that already.

5 Likes

Yes, in our discussions about an E4 Ebay list one of the main things that was said was that if such a list were to exist, we would have to limit it somehow by post count or something else.

But this is where the little moderation dilemmas start. As @gottaketchumall said, number of posts does not imply quality of posts. Having a public post count requirement to get listed could just mean people shitpost up to the required number and then expect to get listed. There are also people with relatively low post counts but every post they make is quality and informative. Do we punish them just because they don’t make more filler posts?

If there isn’t a clear numerical requirement and people get listed at staff discretion, that will lead to accusations of favoritism, more annoyed members, and more BS flowing around instagram.

In my opinion, the problems that something like this would cause outweigh the potential usefulness. eBay links in signatures are great and are unrestricted, and probably provide more exposure for the sellers than a simple list would.

6 Likes

All good points and I agree;)

Totally agree with this.

I would suggest though that if people decide to go and make such a list, it should be restricted by amount of feedback on ebay, rather than post count.

The reason for that is that ebay feedback is harder to artifically increase, so if you only add people with say 50+ feedback and a minimum of 96% positive transactions, you reduce the risk to buyers and nulify the need for shitposting or drama on efour by pegging the requirements to an external source (ebay) instead of an internal one (efour admins).

Anyway, happy with the way things are at the moment, just thought I’d share my two cents in case people move forward with this.

1 Like

Things are just fine right now, if someone wants to promote their ebay account that info can be added to signature.

I’m also one of those who didn’t like removal of sell threads at first but tbh. the change made this forum much better place and secondly most of the buy/trade threads work like a charm.

It would be interresting to have a list of e4 members with active ebay stores so us collectors out for X item can simply look at the list, find an individual with X item instead of posting a WTB/WTT thread. Kind of like the blacklist is constructed right now with a moderator sitting on the editing. Collectors with large stores could apply and be added to list at the discretion of the mods. Letting the moderators check the sellers ebay feedback and consider if they should be added to the list based on the criterias you might have in mind, like forum participation etc.