Do we have a list of efour members ebay accounts?

Does this exist on this board? I feel like it would be something beneficial for all parties. Often times when I buy cards on eBay I wonder if it’s a member, and if they were, I could message them here to work a deal outside of eBay. I know I could likely try to cross reference usernames, but having an official list would be nice.

1 Like

This was already discussed and it’s not happening

2 Likes

Most members who want their ebay shared will have it listed in their signature :blush:

12 Likes

I am thankful for all transactions on ebay. That said, you never met anyone on ebay that made you thankful that there is no possible way that they could contact you outside of ebay?

3 Likes

I kinda created my own list based off of sigs a while back, which prompted me making this

But creating this list publicly on this board could create some issues if sales turn bad, which I didn’t consider

I created a megathread for Efour Ebay members recently but it was shut down pretty quickly (I included my own store ad it was self advertising possibly). With so many people complaining about bad sellers on ebay, it would be cool to buy from E-four Members.

I did a follow up with the mod that gave me a warning about ‘rule breaking’, but never heard back. Maybe this thread will shed more light from the E-four admins. @fourthstartcg

The last response from moderator suggested I ask questions If I had additional. I submitted a response with questions about why it was taken down and it has taken over a week to hear a response. I do not expect a response from the admins at this point, because they can’t tell you why, it is a secret

The staff discusses this every now and then as it is a common suggestion. Here is why we will not be adding a list of E4 eBay members:

• E4 does not allow selling. We specifically state in the rules that “any advertisement…will be removed immediately. This includes posting your, your companies, or your friends auctions, facebook groups, business links, inventory, etc.” Adding a list of eBay sellers would add to confusion over whether E4 allows sales or not, especially for new members who often do not read the full rules.

• E4 aims to distance itself from almost all marketplace activity to promote discussion. We are not a sales forum for a reason. Moving more in that direction would go against the spirit of the forum and attract a userbase which we decided many years ago was not positive for the forum.

• If we added a list of sellers, this would imply that E4 endorses the sellers listed. If there is a dispute between a buyer or seller, or a scammer gets on the list, the mods do not want to have to mediate this or be seen in any way as liable.

• If we added a list of sellers, we would need to limit it in some way to active members so we don’t get people signing up just to add their eBay. How do you define “active members?” Is it post count (vulnerable to spamming), is it account age (vulnerable to waiting and not engaging), or is it just admin approval (vulnerable to accusations of bias and favoritism). No line we choose will be perfect and we don’t want to have to figure one out for something like this.

• E4 already has a quick and easy way to let people know your eBay, which is to post it in your signature. This is a wonderful thing because it is unobtrusive, non-forum-endorsed, and increases in visibility the more engaged you are on the forum. If people on eBay want to be linked/contacted on E4, they can list their eBay in their signature. Members are easily searchable, so listing in signatures largely fulfills the purpose of an eBay list, finding E4 sellers on eBay.

18 Likes