Does Efour have a block/ Banned Ebay buyer list?

Hi everyone

Sorry for this question I’ve tried to search for the answer but couldn’t find a thread so wanted to ask if there was a list here of problem Ebay buyers to add to a block list to avoid further issues for others? I’ve had 1 Non paying buyer and 2 attempted scams in the past 3 months so more then happy to contribute to a list and add any problem people that members here have encountered.

thanks

www.elitefourum.com/t/e4-master-ebay-seller-buyer-blacklist/15572/1

Yup!

www.elitefourum.com/t/e4-master-ebay-seller-buyer-blacklist/15572/1

Thank you

Hey, sorry to revive an old thread but the link bring a me to a page not found. Can anyone relink the list?

This is the best one I could find, as the one linked seems to have been deleted.

https://www.elitefourum.com/t/seller-buyer-blacklist/10779

In general, maintaining a blacklist is more pain than it’s worth. This hobby used to be a lot smaller so it was easier to monitor the reputation of all the people participating. That also meant that blacklisting someone creates a massive amount of animosity.

Today there are so many people and its so easy to rebrand yourself that a blacklist is both a liability and also less effective.

I think there is a benefit to having a community
block list. But I don’t think a manually curated and public list of people is the way to go. I was brainstorming more crowdsourced/automated approaches, such as allowing users here to upload a block list and then generating a community one based on some parameters.

Another option could be to not publish a list but instead to allow people to add complaints/praise to specific ebay account names which would only be shown if someone searches for that account specifically. The problem is that an anonymous complaint system is easily weaponized

I’m open to any other ideas

4 Likes

Just blacklist people from:

Russia, Italy, Ohio

99% of problems solved

7 Likes

Any chance we can bring the block-list thread back? As a seller, I’ve come across far too many scammers and people who just outright refused to pay for winning auctions.

The latest scammer is a brand new eBay account called “fyhjr_43”. He’s only had the account for a month, but he’s already claiming that a tracked item that shows as “delivered” (with photos) didn’t arrive.

We post them individually with receipts to the eBay Garbage thread nowadays.

My post from Jan 13 is still relevant today. If someone has a suggested solution feel free to share

Ehi, wait, I said I can explain, just wait until my lawyer is done working my defense!

1 Like