Doug Ferguson GX

A Doug Ferguson GX card, illustrated by the same person who did the Ishihara GX card, has been confirmed. It has the same number as the Ishihara. Interesting to see these cards featuring Pokemon personnel! Doug Ferguson was head of product development, but left in 2019.

20 Likes

Wtf this feels like a late april fools!

I don’t hate it tho :thinking:

I’ve seen both of them that you mentioned. I kind of like them. Arnt they pretty rare too? Can you provide us with some more back story :slight_smile: @fourthstartcg

This one I just seen for the first time. The other one was posted on E4 not long ago. Just trying to learn some history :relaxed: edit the person I quoted deleted their comment I’m just generally interested I like learning

1 Like

Dragon type confirms Reptilian leaders are real. The energy symbol in itself looks as if representing the race of Yith or brother Lord Yig.

1 Like

Yea I deleted it, I didn’t wanna sound like a dick! My bad dude

1 Like

O you’re fine. I was wondering if I came across as a know it all or something. I just like learning the history of each card and set. There’s so much history in Pokemon from releases to special events and rarity of cards etc. I just learn what I can as I go and enjoy doing so :slight_smile:

1 Like

What an amazingly ugly card! Right up there with Ishihara GX, Pokedude and M Sachiko EX. Maybe even the ugliest of them all. I love it!

7 Likes

10 Likes

By the way does anyone have a real life photo of this lad? Would love to compare it to the card artwork, but can’t find anything about him on the interwebs.

2 Likes

Airs of uncanny valley for sure

Thanks for sharing! I wonder if there are more than just the three that popped up thus far (the English Ishihara GX and this Doug Ferguson GX, as well as the Japanese Ishihara & Pikachu GX). I must say, I am not a fan of Mike Cressy’s illustrations to be completely honest.

Also, this time no Pokémon next to the person, although if there is anyone collecting all cards featuring Tyrantrum, they’re still screwed, since his shirt is covered with them. :laughing:

Here some more info on the pokeguardian website. Apparently Doug Ferguson posted the picture of this card on his own company website after he left TPCi.

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Can’t wait for the Mike Boozer full art

3 Likes

Wow I just am reading/seeing for the first time that Ishihara & Pikachu GX existed… It looks col!I really am curious what internal cards they have released over there.

1 Like

Just kidding, I did a Google search, this guy plays golf but who knows?

1 Like

So it Is the third or the second card made as a gift for an executive? Can’t find the ishihara and Pikachu gx, is that real?

Btw the card is sort of nice, also it has such a strange design that it can be easily kept out of any thematic collection

Ishihara posted this picture on his twitter, stated he received it for his 61st birthday:

No idea how many copies were printed or if employees were given cards as well. For me it just means another extremely rare Pikachu card to track down, lol. :relieved:

Greetz,
Quuador

6 Likes

I got some more info from my friend (he apparently told this to me before i forgot haha):

Hopefully we will see more of these cards in the future!

2 Likes

:face_with_spiral_eyes: Would love to see what other cards are out there. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Not to derail but what does that mean assigned a Pokemon on your desktop to take care of?