Does anyone know anything about these Jumbo Cards??

Does anyone have any information on these Jumbo cards? They appear to be very similar to the 1996 Promo Carddass Bandai Jumbo set of 6, however are made by Banpresto and don’t appear to be stickers / peel-able. They are each dated both 95 and 96 just like the bandai ones, however instead of Bandai 96 it says Banpresto 96. I bought them from a Japanese seller for the amazing artwork and it could be a misinterpretation on my part but he said they were never sold (or even released?). It is a seller with a ton of old Bandai promotional items, displays, and booster boxes which could explain how he would have them. Also the fact they have a similar style as the 96 Carddass Bandai town map cards has me pretty confused. The picture of the back is the back of the Gary card. I can’t seem to find anything on these anywhere. Any info is greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure those are shitajiki aka pencil backing board. You place them underneath paper you are writing/drawing on.

3 Likes

Thanks!! I never knew what they were called. From what I’ve found online, apparently most of the Banpresto Shitajiki only did one print run per design. They also came with these 10 other sheets like this one. I’m guessing these are to trace or learn how to draw every Pokemon plus what looks like stickers.