Do you put sticky tabs on the back of your card sleeves when submitting for grading?

I do, to be honest thought i was helping the peeps who take the card out lol

I used to ā€¦ but I will avoid doing this going forward lol

If I have to cut my fingers up getting these in the cardsaver, they have to feel the pain too when they take it out

3 Likes

Can we start E4ā€™s own version of /r/mildlyinfuriating things you can do to a grader at PSA?

Be the change you want to see in the world

4 Likes

I feel a little insane every time I see people using sticky tabs with card savers tbh. I get it with toploaders, but Iā€™ve never had any difficulty removing a card from a card saver 1.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s a slight level of anxiety when you put the literal condition of your cards into someone elseā€™s hands. I always viewed sticky tabs as one extra layer of ā€œprotectionā€ in the grading process. If it doesnā€™t hurt, and might help, why not?

Sounds like itā€™s all moot if they just cut open the savers on the side anyway though

1 Like

Right - I thought the tabs were for personal use as Iā€™d always heard that the card savers get cut for grading.

I like the grade saver sleeves with the pull tab for anything I keep in a card saver. (Not an add)

I love these sleeves for submissions

1 Like

Damn, if they didnā€™t destroy them they could sell them back to us as a discountā€¦

1 Like

If youā€™re referring to PSA, I wonder if this applies to CGC/BGS as well

PSA just posted an updated submission video, confirmed what @kpod had shared that PSA is asking submittors not to use pull tabs

4 Likes

Interesting, I didnā€™t know this was discouraged. Also had no idea companies just cut card savers upon arrival. That definitely ensures the smallest possibility of any damage occurring upon removal, so makes sense. I like to hoard everyoneā€™s sweet, sweet card savers. Pull tabs are also nice, less chance we slice our fingers on the razer blades known as card savers. My two cents.

1 Like

The amount of plastic waste generated from cutting card savers :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

itā€™s sort of strange that it seems to be more commonplace for card savers than toploadersā€¦ I never use toploaders and strongly dislike them because I find it too difficult to get the card out. sticky tabs on those would be greatly appreciated lol

1 Like

Never understood it. Itā€™s not rocket science to squeeze a card saver with one hand so it opens up and pull out the sleeve with the other.

Iā€™ve thought about the amount of plastic waste that PSA must go through though with all of the Card Savers they receive for submissions. It would be nice if they could implement something that if you sub, for example, 50 cards, that in your return submission you also get a bundle of 50 card savers. And we just keep reusing them.

They dont cost a lot but the environmental impact is probably quite high.

3 Likes

To me at least, the thing with toploaders is I can just tap it on something so that the card sits on the bottom and then pull the top bit of the sleeve out by pressing on it with my fingernail.

Due to the size of my fingers I have to squeeze the cardsaver a lot, and since there is so little wiggle room I have to grab the card by the very top end of my fingers, which are all covered in thick calluses that are rough to the touch. By no means impossible but enough so that I havenā€™t removed the pull tabs for my own use yet.

itā€™s nice to see that you held onto your collection all this while. I think many may have sold pre boom at insanely low prices unfortunately.

I m very happy for your results & somehow you get rewarded as a collector.

Beautiful cards!

1 Like

I store the card in a ā€œclean roomā€ ISO-certified, FDA-approved, anti -static and ESD. I send the card in a vacuum box (no sticker as it may add nano fibers)ā€¦ then I go to the post office dropping the package after a good meal in mac donald.

3 Likes