DeekBoy's Toy Photography

For many years I was really into toy photography. I fell out of it a couple years ago but really want to get back out there and do it again. I am hoping that this post will give me the drive to get out there and share something that I really loved. i shoot mainly Pokemon figures but also bring out some Nendoroids and other media.

20 Likes

17 Likes

These look really nice! Hope you continue to share more :slightly_smiling_face:

I wish I had some understanding of photography/composition to take nice pictures of the things I make. But the world will have to accept my whatever pictures :joy:

4 Likes

@DeekBoy this is legendary. Dare I say, reminiscent of Yuka Morii’s work. Well done!

6 Likes

Macro photography is always cool to see. Nice work! This one really speaks to me… I don’t know why. It’s probably the bokeh.

1 Like

This is super awesome!! The Bulbasaur and Blue (raptor) look so cool. I also enjoy light photography and long exposure shots but work and life got so busy that I just fell out of it. But your work is also super inspiring. Please keep uploading more! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Wow thats huge praise! Thank you so much! Always loved her work!

Totally understand when life gets too busy! Would love to see some of your past shots!

This is one of my earlier shots and truly love the the way it turned out! Catherine a solid game if you haven’t given it a try.

Really nice photos! I love the Majora’s Mask ones. I collect toys / figures and have wanted to do this, but didn’t want to have to go outside and have people watch a 30-something adult putting toys in the dirt to take a picture. Maybe when we move lol. In the meantime, I’ll enjoy your great pics.

2 Likes

Going outside and dealing with people asking questions or their dogs running up and ruining your setup is the worst! I’m not nearly as limber as I once was so i have learned to stretch before I go out so I can get a great shot!

1 Like

When they look at you funny when photographing pokemon things:

DeekBoy great stuff, I like it alot. I just upgraded my still camera from a7sII to A7IV and I’m super happy with it. My last gig had the best pics I’ve ever taken because the picture quality went through the roof. Would love the idea of shooting figurines. Fun hobby, and creatively fulfilling. Granted it wouldn’t be as good here in the desert beyond the first few gratuitous cactus shots. Would get stale real quick as opposed to the green of forestlands! I’ve enjoyed them a lot. I wouldn’t mind seeing you add more down the line.

Majora’s Mask is all time top art, and it and Ocarina are among my favorite games ever, so I particularly enjoy seeing those. Goomba and Meowth are the best compositions! There is something so deeply satisfying about ultra shallow depth of fields on close ups. Ahh. Infinite enjoyment.

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Truly awesome, thanks for sharing! Bulbasaur is my personal favorite, but literally all of them are great. Your pictures evoke a cozy feeling inside me, reminiscent of my childhood days when I used to play with my dinosaur toys or Lego Bionycles in our garden. Everything was so big and mysterious back then! Felt just like being in some prehistoric jungle.
Thanks for sharing and keep em coming!

2 Likes

Wow that is a gorgeous camera that you picked up. These were taken with my old Canon Rebel T3i, the fold out rear screen is really helpful for getting low on these shots. Truly appreciate all the kind words!

1 Like

Been going through some old folders and found these.

9 Likes

This is so cool! Love good photography!

1 Like

Finally found some time to get out and take photos. I feel rusty but it was really nice to get out and snap some Pokemon.

7 Likes