Damaged Booster Fresh Cards

anyone annoyed with how damaged some booster fresh cards can be?

pulled a mewtwo ex full art from evolutions, ut’s got a very deep scratch in it like as if someone hasdragged a pin over it. This came from a sealed booster box mind you.

so yeah, the best card i pulled is basically psa 8 if not worse. how’s that for luck?

I didn’t have something that bad but after first completing CP6 (Japanese) and then Evolutions, I instantly noticed how much of a lower quality the English set is :slightly_frowning_face: I’m sorry this happened to you.

1 Like

thanks. it really hurts, all the other holos are pretty good nick but the one card I wanted mint is damaged. I’ll try pop a photo up later.

1 Like

Yeah please do. You are not the only one having this problem, if you look on the Evolutions section other members brought it up too. It truly is frustrating especially after paying the price of a booster box lol.

English cards SUCK

had 1 box with 12 miscut cards with a sliver of the card above/below on them
another box over 1/3 of the cards had a vertical scratch

Yeah, the quality just isn’t there for new English cards.

If you want quality, stick to Japanese. If you want your purchase to be worth anything though, stick with English.

1 Like

Yeah, I got 6 XY Evolutions Booster Boxes and the card stock for English cards is horrible. Pack fresh cards having dings, corner wear, its just horrible. I guess you guys are right in sticking with Japanese.

Some people fancy those though, so sometimes you can make out well with a pack like that.

Nintendo of America reading the comments about their card stock and printing quality control being criticized.

5 Likes

If it is any consolation, Evolutions has pretty good quality compared to previous sets.

1 Like

I just dislike how a lot of the cards from evo I see are oc :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I got a booster with green spots on cards :slightly_frowning_face:

Dings and corners peeling are normal but an actual scratch on a full art is horrendous.

If anyone finds a XY Evolutions Pikachu with ink or cut errors I’ll be willing to buy them (or trade them for a centered one, your choice :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Greetz,
Quuador