Curved Toploaders

Hello all! I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays this past month! I have a quick question about toploaders. I have bought toploaders from a couple of different brands and have noticed something. I have noticed some of the packs have curved toploaders. I am unsure if there being a slightish curve would damage/bend the card? Will the card curve the way the toploader is curved? Do all toploaders do this from time to time? Are they still safe to use? I just want to be sure that my valued cards will stay secure and remain flat. Any help/advice is highly appreciated! Thank you!

You aught to upload a picture of what you mean by it being curved. Like it literally is stuck in a " ( " shape? I dont know if I’ve ever seen that before. My guess is a card would take the form of that curvature eventually. Butttt a curved card can be fixed!

Top loaders are cheap enough I would suggest you just buy some more that aren’t curved!

But card savers are a good option as well. I dont reckon they would be able to curve and the cards dont move around in them. I hope this helps!

3 Likes

Solution is simple even without any photos; stop using top loaders and use semi rigid.

1 Like

Thank you both for the responses!
Here are two pictures of the toploaders stacked together.
imgur.com/gallery/bsuTZzs

imgur.com/gallery/aYWtybP

I bought these in bulk from the brand Cardboard gold. I bought these in bulk from their website and when I bought them in smaller batches off amazon, they didnt seem to have these curves. However, when I bought in bulk more than half of the packs were like this. I have bought other brands such as ultra pro and BCW and had a similar issue with those but not nearly this curved. I thought of transferring over to semi rigid but thought they would be more of a hassle and possibly not as beneficial for long term storage. However, I am not sure I have not used them yet. I’m just not sure what to do. Thank you again!

Sounds like you are just getting unlucky with manufacturing defects. If I were you, I would buy the brand that has the least amount of issues and only use the top loaders that don’t have that odd deformity, as it could potentially effects the structure of your cards. IMO.

Good luck!

1 Like

@mikejofthecoast, and @genosha, are dead on. Top Loaders are a devils creation. Card Saver 1s are Heaven sent.

3 Likes

@garyis2000, thank you for the response! I was wondering are the card savers good for long term storage and if so, how would recommend storing them? In my top loaders currently I use a perfect fit, a deck sleeve, and then I put it into the top loader. Is there a method I should use in using the card savers? Should I use a specific sleeve?

@pokemoncardproject, @genosha, @mikejofthecoast, thank you all so so much! You guys have all been a major help in my concerns and questions. I truly appreciate it :blush:

1 Like

Any sleeves are fine. PSA doesn’t even use sleeves inside their card savers so they’re probably not even necessary but I like using sleeves for the in and out handling.

1 Like

@garyis2000, thank you! I appreciate all of your help! :blush:

1 Like