crossover to aim for psa10?

hi, i was wondering if a card that has only this flaw (bottom left corner) can get a psa10 or not. it’s a bgs 9.5 with 4x 9.5 subgrades.

thank you

sorry couldn’t insert the picture:
ibb.co/KNFGpXL

ibb.co/6wzyJs4

Don’t think so. Looks like a 9 imo

5 Likes

hey, i have seen worse psa10 cards, there are a few goldstar rayquaza cards with whitening on every corner but are psa10. i thought psa10 allows a little flaw if the rest is smooth or am i wrong?

I agree with @kingboo64, looks like a 9.

1 Like

You can never have any real degree of certainty that a BGS 9.5 will translate to a PSA 10, regardless of the sub-grades.

The truth that I’ll just say - even though it upsets many people - is that the reason many people do in fact grade with BGS these days is because it’s an easier grade (not counting the grade of BGS 10).

I know a lot of people who will just submit to BGS if they don’t think they have a great shot at a PSA 10.

7 Likes

@collector89,

When comparing your cards to other graded PSA be sure you are looking at cards that start with serial numbers in the 4+ or 5 range as PSA used to grade much easier when they first took on Pokemon cards. When collecting I wont even consider buying anything graded in the serial number range starting with a 3 or less. I did once and ended up with an Evolutions Charmander Cosmos Toys R Us card that has a grade of 9, but looks like it should have received a 7 based on holo wear/damage from the plastic wrapper. There is another recent locked thread about PSA grading being easier in the earlier days of grading Pokemon that you can also check out if interested.

1 Like

hey
that can be said for both companies, it’s always the person behind the grade, not the company.i’ve seen horrible bgs9 and horrible psa9 cards.
i agree with the last part you said though. still, psa10 used to allow a little flaw if i remember correctly, and is this considered to be a major flaw when the rest is pretty pristine or why can’t it get a 10 then?

i don’t really believe this conspiracy theory. tbh, i still believe it’s the grader behind the card. maybe they’re grading abit thougher than they did years ago, but i had 2-cert psa10’s that were in better condition than 4-cert psa10’s. i still have 00-certs that are in perfect gem mint condition, compared to newer cert 10’s.

1 Like

Honestly, if the rest of the card is absolutely flawless I think it would be a gamble between a PSA 9 and a 10 on a good day.

1 Like

Buy the card not the label/grade. Never just trust a serial number.

2 Likes

lol, that’s called scam. the card was sent with a benjamin attached to it.

Can it? Yeah, but most likely will get a 9

No, left low corner won’t let it get 10.

No, that’s called incompetence

nah, that’s beyond incompetence, that’s called scam.

Whether you’re joking or not, I’ve seen this notion a lot lately, especially on Reddit. It’s strange people actually believe the higher the submission level the higher your grade will be.

you wanna tell me this grader just checked this potentially $50k dollar card and overlooked the psa6 quality of the back?

1 Like

Theres no merit in showing a sample of a worse quality card with the specific grade you are debating. Remember, the grades are on a bell curve and you’ll have better and worse quality cards with that grade…

Now @collector89 , this in all likelihood would not a get a 10. I wouldn’t submit it if I were you unless theres a huge premium from a BGS 9.5 → PSA 10

1 Like