Covid-19/Corona Virus Megathread (Info/Discussion)

• Apple’s WWDC will be “a completely new online experience” this year: developer.apple.com/wwdc20/
  • Just got an email from my son’s school that all San Diego county schools are to close starting Monday the 16th

Wondering why there are so little deaths in Germany?
“Germany is currently not doing post-mortem tests for Coronavirus. That means there could be a significant number of deaths caused by Coronavirus, that is never attributed to Coronavirus and will not show up in any statistic.”

Just waiting for the spike in “flu-deaths” to be noted…

Observe what Germany is doing and do the opposite. Stay safe.

1 Like

All Ohio schools are closed for 3 weeks. The Ohio Department of Health estimates 100,000 people in Ohio alone are infected. Testing is severely limited. You can only be tested for the virus if 1.) you’ve been outside the country or 2.) have been in contact with a confirmed infected person. I had a close friend who has all the symptoms and is negative for the flu and pneumonia, but still can’t get tested.

1 Like

All schools in my province (Arg - Misiones) are now closed for 2 weeks, that might be extended according to the gobernor.

The amount of people in the supermarkets buying everything and stocking up is unbelievable here.

Stock market is drunk

1 Like

I think the 100,000 statement is the biggest load of bologna. There are surely many, many more people who have the disease that haven’t been confirmed/tested yet as the US has been testing at a much lower rate than any other major country. But the 100,000 number is completely out there with zero logic behind it. I honestly think that they threw that number out there as a plea for some federal funding, I suppose to help with the crisis.

(If this post goes against the confines of the thread then delete it I guess, I don’t really understand the parameters here.)

Fed is pumping in trillions. I’d put money on Our honorable president having the virus. It will be back in the shitter by the end of next week.

Edit: For the record, POTUS’s real name is autocorrected to what you see above. That wasn’t me

So the store I worked at got delivery two days ago. Stock up three shelves of paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins. All sold out in same day… Not even in City area. One of my regular customer told me his dad bought like 65 toilet paper…

The school I work at in Orange County NY is now closed for the next two weeks.

Schools in my state (WA) are closed until 04/24. My work has closed its building and has everyone working from home till at least end of month.

1 Like

Anyone notice Pokemon GO has made some great adjustments due to the virus?

The bad: Cancelled community day for Abra

The Good: Increased spawn rates and diversity to help players have fun despite being locked down. Also, you can buy 30 1 hour incense for 1 coin! Yes 1 coin! Plus the Go Battle League season 1 started today and it’s a lot of fun.

3 Likes

im not getting into any political discussion or debates about it but rather am just keeping informed and trying to weed out the hoop-la about what is happening. If there is any good discussion about this that people need to watch it’s this:

4 Likes

Major TV shows run without a studio audience - late night shows without the usual hysterical laughter are incredibly awkward. :laughing:

Our governor is warning that schools may be closed for 6-8 weeks.

Some of those are going on hiatus. Colbert was to have 3 new shows before vacation, those shows are canceled.

Coronavirus Crisis: ‘#OneChicago’ and ‘NCIS’ Franchises, ‘SVU’ and ‘Good Fight’ Halt Production

FYI the auto correct for the current sitting president is to deter political discussion. It was the same for the previous president, and will remain for the next.

1 Like

Our office now has everyone working from home indefinitely (400 employees). Don’t expect any new PBS programming in the tri-state area any time soon.

Grateful I can do my job remotely and have excellent health insurance. Many people in the office building (maintenance, janitors, front desk, building management etc) are contract workers about to go without a paycheck. It’s difficult to keep this politics free when there’s a bipartisan bill that could be a literal lifesaver for these folks.

2 Likes

How many TP rolls is everyone sitting on?

I only got 15 left

^

3 Likes

I am based in Hong Kong so we were quite nervous beginning in mid Jan since many people from Mainland China travel to HK for business and leisure.

We had surgical masks and toilet paper shortages for a while a month back, but the TP situation has settle (thank goodness!).

Almost all (90%+) people on the streets wear masks. Most government departments, banks, etc. are providing limited services as people are told to work from home.

Overall, it seems to be being managed alright locally despite challenges - hoping for the best in the coming months.

Stay safe everyone to those on the other side of the globe

1 Like