Could this Blastoise get a PSA 9 or PSA 10?

Hi everyone! I hope you are all well! :grin:

Today is a very happy day for me. I pulled the second Blastoise Base Set in my life!!!

Everything started in my 8th Birthday, when I received a 2 Player Starter Set and 3 Boosters from Base Set. I can still remember the excitement I had. Besides the Machamp Holo, I pulled a Blastoise, and needless to say I was over the moon with it, form that moment on it was and is my favorite card, ever :grin:

The happiness of having it, showing it at the playground on school breaks…it was amazing. However, it lasted very few. One day, a guy, three years older than me and a avid Pokémon Collector with a binder and all that nonsense (lol, had I know), asked me if he could see my Blastoise. I kindly handed it to him and immediately felt a punch in my stomach. I knew I had done something wrong.

I remember the seconds that passed looked like ages and then he forcely offered me a zubat, a shelder and a geodude from fossil to trade for my Stoise, by putting them in my hand, turning his back and ran away with my stolen turtle. I was devastated! I tried using the adult logic and judgement on the situation without the outcome that I was looking for. To this day, I have the same feeling in my stomach when I remember.

However, today I got this beauty (down there). And I intend to grade it and keep it forever!! And the question of will it get a 9 or a 10 jumps to my mind since I am not a very experienced person when grading myself. The card has generally no silvering. The center I would say it is OK. But it has some spots, holo inclusivé, that look like dust, but it is not. Also there is some very tiny white specs on the corners.

So what your experience tells you? I would really like to know and I really appreciate it! I tried my best to picture everything good.
Thank you peepz :grin:

I’d say an 8, depending on the grader an 8.5 possibly.

1 Like

Joo know that’s a Base 4th print?

2 Likes

@hammyn64 Thank mate! Is it the whitening that brings to the 8, you think?

@scratchdesk Sure do, I was very very hyped when I saw it xD

Decent 9 imo.

3 Likes

I would say between 8 and 9 for sure :blush:

1 Like

Looks mint. Worth sending in either way.

1 Like

May have a little whitening on the back and a foil dot on the front? If so, a 10 would be a reach:(

1 Like

@garyis2000 Exactly, like a dust dot that it is on the holo.

Thanks everyone! I will send to PSA hoping for the 9 of course. However, I will be fine with an 8, because this card is the starter of it all for me, and only that makes it worth putting in between some slabs :grin:

1 Like