Corrected Rocket's Minefield Gym Info

Having a hard time finding information on graded pops, etc on this card. Wondering if y’all have any leads.

These are pretty hard to find. TCA has been buying some of these up recently too. PSA has begun grading the Corrected Charizard with the error on the label, but the Rocket’s Minefield does not have a labeled error version yet, so it is unknown what the pop is. I have heard 1:10 unlimited versions are the corrected version because they were fixed very late in the print run, but these are just estimates based off of pull rates.

1 Like

I’ll echo what Latiosking says above in that I heard Gym Challenge was only corrected in its final print run of the set, which is why Blaine’s Charizard and Rocket’s Minefield Gym have such small corrected counts. I spoke to someone who used to work at a KB Toys who told me an anecdote of believing Gym Heroes + Challenge were out of print when more showed up alongside unlimited Neo Genesis. He said it could have just been surplus because the Gym sets weren’t very popular with kids but his little sister pulled a corrected Blaine’s Charizard from those boosters specifically.

No matter what, this supports the understanding that these cards were corrected very late. But it seems to support the “final run” idea too since it would have been after the 1st Editions of Neo Genesis. But it’s also true that these cards weren’t very popular and there could have been lots of surplus from who knows when.

3 Likes