Coronavirus drop card to 2009 prices?

So I need an expert opinion. Do you think coronavirus will drop Pokemon card prices especially for higher end to 2009 prices?

1 Like

Yes

11 Likes

Absolutely

7 Likes

No

Yes. You better sell all your cards to me quick;)

Actually there’s only been about 35 total cases of US citizens catching the virus and only 2 or 3 have died. On the other hand, in the last several months 20 have been killed by lightning. Those lightning strikes haven’t hurt the market so I’d say we’re good.
Don’t listen to the pea-brained environmentalists. They’re all fear-mongers protecting their next pay checks.

13 Likes

I wasn’t able to ship an order to China due to the coronavirus. So yes.

1 Like

Definitely not

I don’t remember 100% but wasn’t PSA 10 1st Edition Base Charizard around 2-3k then?

1 Like

Actually, i heard from a friend who heard from another friends cousin who works at a card shop that those lightning strikes are going to cause Pikachu set cards to plummet. :blush:

6 Likes

But in all seriousness here, I dont think it will have any major impact in the market personally. Continue onward!

Absolutely. In fact, chances are you all have it and have contaminated your entire collections. I was recently tested and was found to be the only human alive to have a 100% immunity to it.

As such, I’m happy to keep all of your collections WITHOUT CHARGE until the virus fully dies off. At which point, you can all have your collections back.

SPOILER: Click to show

Once I decide they are fully free of the virus, of course.

7 Likes

It depends how big the impact is on the finanical market.

I doubt it will drop cards 60%-90% though but a reasonable drop is possible.

1 Like

I got mine in 2009 for $700.

6 Likes

That‘s an extremely high death percentage at 10%… not saying the virus will affect prices but it‘s surely nothing to take lightly

1 Like

I’ve recently survived the influenza outbreak 2020. Omg I’m immortal. 650,000 deaths per year says Google.
The only thing that happened since I was off work and bored in my house (apart from the brink of death experience) was that I purchased more cards as I had more time to look.
If anything being ill has helped my collection a little.

Think the doctor was a little disappointed it wasn’t Coronavirus because the only difference was I hadn’t traveled abroad recently lol.

1 Like

Pffff…Coronavirus…now Pokérus, that’s the real killer

1 Like

My Charizards have been looking a little under the weather lately​:face_vomiting::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::nauseated_face:

7 Likes

Pah Coronavirus, I remember when I picked mine back up in 2002 for only a few dollars. It’s way overpriced now.

2 Likes

What you should be worried about is the sheer volume of manufacturing that happens in China, now I know you will know that ‘everything is made in China’ but a lot of people don’t truly understand the scale of what they manufacture over there and ship out to the rest of the world.

If the virus spreads enough and they start doing some REALLY drastic quarantining and border closures you’ll feel the sting in 4 or 5 months when everything has dried up, and the spread doesn’t really seem to be slowing down either so buckle up.

3 Likes

@garyis2000, I got you covered. :wink:

In other words. Please practice basic hygiene - wash your hands, cover your mouth with your elbow, wear a mask if you’re sick, and no swimming in spit pools.

1 Like

The people holding high end cards are probably gonna be fine. An economic dip isn’t going to magically cause everybody to start dumping their Illustrators and Trophykhans. Collectibles don’t behave the same way stocks do and we need to move away from that incorrect mindset.