Completing a psa 10 no rarity set

@zubat93 @slabsniper As mentioned by @handschoen , Raichu and Venusaur have the wrong index number at the bottom-right. No Rarity Raichu is 025 (Pikachu) instead of 026 and Venusaur is 068 (Machamp) instead of 003.

Although it’s theoretically possible, I’d say it’s extremely hard and unlikely to complete this full set in PSA-10. Right now there are two No Rarity cards without any PSA-10 at all in the PSA Pop Report (Item Finder and Scoop Up). There are also a bunch of cards with POP-1 in PSA-10, including the Raichu which cannot be graded by PSA anymore. And the low POP PSA-10s in general barely pop up, and if they eventually pop up for sale they’re priced ridiculously high.

Some people that I know collect PSA-graded No Rarity Base Set cards have been going after PSA-8/9 mostly. @megashiningmagikarp recently completed this goal after three years for example: www.elitefourum.com/t/megashiningmagikarps-collection-victory-medal-set/19102/58, so maybe he can add his opinion to this thread on how feasible completing a full PSA-10 No Rarity set would be in his opinion. When he started in 2017, some cards were even POP-0 for PSA-8+ to give you an idea.
We might see more of these come in if grading becomes more popular in Japan (I’ve heard a PSA office opened up in Japan somewhere at the start of 2019 iirc; although I have seen some PSA-graded cards on Yahoo Japan, I haven’t seen that much evidence of Japanese collectors massively grading cards).

Anyway, nothing is impossible with enough patience, will-power, and money. But I think it’s going to take decades and loads of money and time, and grading raw cards yourself, to one day complete this goal. So yeah, good luck. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

8 Likes