Complete gym challenge set

Sabrina’s Abra was the last card I needed to complete my gym challenge 1st ed psa 10 set. I purchased it today for $100.
The collection started out as just getting g blaines charizard, then arcanine. And then all of blaines cards. Then all of giovannis. Slowly but surely I got damn near every card in the set. It took two years and cost a blue bloody fortune but I did it. One of the proudest moments of my pokemon collecting career. I don’t know if any other full set like this exists. I think it’s fair to say that it’s the only one :blush:

25 Likes

@chavycat, congratulations on this big moment! I’m slowly working towards the complete holo set, hopefully I’ll get there soon:)

2 Likes

That’s an amazing accomplishment! Congrats. You must be one of the very few people who has a complete PSA 10 set.

… so when does the Gym Heroes journey begin? :wink:

3 Likes

I’m on the Gym heros one right now… its a tedious one :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

What a card aswell. Love that artwork. Just reminds me of playing Pokemon Blue and the grassy area next to the nugget bridge in Cerulean where you first find an Abra before he teleported away :joy::sob:

2 Likes

I don’t think I can. I do want a Blaine’s Moltres. But getting a bunch of commons and uncommon cards is daunting. I’m going to try and focus on bigger ticket items now. 1k and above. Or else I’ll run out of room for everything really quickly. I haz a small apartment

1 Like

I have a whole bunch of pack fresh 1st ed Gym Heroes non-holo Cards from when I opened up an entire box many years ago. I might eventually grade some. I’m sure I’m not the only one. It’s certainly doable to get all the non-holos as a long term goal.

But anyway, don’t mean to distract from the awesome achievement you accomplished with Gym Challenge. :blush:

That’s cool to always have that option. Thanks mate

Congratulations! If you can; share more pictures, would love to see some of them together!

1 Like

Here’s a few

10 Likes

Hell of a good set and accomplishment! Congrats!

1 Like

Was this the one I linked you? If so, excited to see that you were able to pick it up!

1 Like

Yes it was! I’m super appreciative for that. I owe you big time!

1 Like

No problem my dude, glad you were able to achieve your goals!

1 Like

Congrats on finishing the set, nothing feels better than finally being able to complete your goals, even if it took 2 years! I know my wallet cries too :wink:. I’ve always liked the set and yet it doesn’t seem very popular :/.

1 Like

You should register the complete set with PSA. Congrats!

That would take a long time

The Gym Series, this set in particular, seems so underrated to me. The Arcanine, Charizard, Venusaur, Gyarados, Mewtwo, Zapdos, are some of the most visually appealing holos from WOTC in my opinion. There’s very few “ugly” holos in the whole series. Well done!

1 Like

:laughing:
I just saw that you listed this collection on ebay

Just wondering why you would sell this collection you worked so hard for? just curious

I don’t really want to. But, if offered enough money, I can do a lot of things with it. It will also be the 1st recorded purchase(to my knwledge) of such a set, and I like to be part of history when I can