Complete 151 Master Ball Reverse Set :master_ball:

This is something I’ve been waiting to share for awhile! I haven’t had as much fun putting a set together in a long time! This is a 2 for 1: The complete 151 master ball reverse set, plus the original 151 wotc cards in the front of the binder!

The Master ball reverse looks really nice in person. As with most people, I was never big on reverse holos, but these said “try and not collect me”! They are easily at the top! Also its fun to compare the original old school wotc cards to the 151 set. :heart:

62 Likes

Great video! I never thought about putting it in a binder side-by-side with the original 151, but now I might have to build my binder copy out like this!

2 Likes

Best set modern produced so far (imo), huge congrats!

1 Like

That is super cool! I have been so playing with the idea of making this my long term goal. Thanks for sharing. Love the og in the front! Curious. Did you open boxes, buy a complete set or do it card by card or a combo of those?

1 Like

A few of the cards were from boxes I opened. The public opening was the Mewtwo:

For the others I just bought them raw. I also went after the SAR’s as well. I can’t recommend the set enough, especially for og collectors.

10 Likes

:master_ball:

1 Like

The nostalgia hits so hard with this set. What a great binder idea!

1 Like

This is a really cool idea, I like the comparison and presentation style in the binder. I might have missed it in the video (had to watch without sound) but which one is your favorite from 151 and is it the same in Base Set?

1 Like

Honestly it’s impossible to choose! The Sar’s are all magic. So many of the regular art cards are a stand out: komiya gengar line, aerodactyl, staryu/starmie, Chansey, Tangela. They should do this for each generation!

5 Likes

Totally agree, I’ve felt the same about the AR/SAR. Also picked up a few master ball versions of the art I really enjoyed, even if it was a Pokémon I don’t normally collect. SV251 when?

1 Like

Nice concept binder - though the Nidoran lines in 151 are some of my favourites, both the line themselves and also the artists Teeziro and Shiburingaru.

1 Like

Do you plan on doing an ENG set or is JP set the end of it for you?

Do you plan to use sleeves in the future? :melting_face:

4 Likes

I raise my hat to anyone who dares to start master ball set, when japanese set was released this task felt so difficult I decided to wait until english set comes out. Almost mindblowing to see brand new foil set selling for multiple thousands.

@smpratte

I like the fact you’ve included regular EX’s in your set even when some people leave them out, my english sets are arranged in similar way so everything looks uniform until illustration rares and other good stuff. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Dirge After putting together this binder I thought about doing one with old back Japanese in the front with Japanese 151 and putting the English 151 with this wotc set.

@Dyl I rarely ever use sleeves! It obscures the art! :sweat_smile:

@Taigataipan Normally I would wait for prices to calm down after release but the master ball reverse have no chill! Honestly if they don’t print more 151 they aren’t going down. And please believe the ex’s were included! You gotta have the full evo line!

4 Likes

Damn, this is impressive. Hopefully my binder will look like that some day lol

1 Like

9 Likes

This was a great video, it’s unreal how good these sets look next to each other. Each have such a distinct personality, with perfect amount of Grandpa’s WOTC genes mixed into 151.

2 Likes

This is beautiful! I wish legendary collection had the full 151 because that would be a cool pairing!

1 Like

Enjoyed the video very much. Really like binder videos and this seemed like such a nice collection goal to have. Congratulations on completing the set and thanks a lot for sharing!

Cheers!

2 Likes