GymLeaderTaylor's Japanese Collection!

Hey guys! I haven’t been very active but finally I got around to scanning one of my grail sets and favorite things I’ve worked towards and completed in my collecting career! There will be much more to come and share! Also feel free to check out my IG @GymLeaderTaylor

Here is my 100% Complete L2 Unlimited Reviving Legends Set! (Mirror set is still in progress)

41 Likes

Amazing! How far are you into the mirror set?

3 Likes

I’d say around 40% right now! I will scan them and show you soon! :slight_smile:

The Tyranitar Prime is so sparkly! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Such a beautiful collection, the HGSS cards are stunning!

1 Like

Scanned binder pages look so good in the gallery view! If you want me to change your username to match your ig name just let me know!

2 Likes

Amazing collection! Well done! It’s weird to feel nostalgia for a set I didn’t grow up with, but here we are haha. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

The super saiyan! Dude, I have been waiting for so long to see you make a collection thread! You always have some of the best pickups, and of course, some great taste (and a taste for photography to boot–if it is just with a phone, take the compliment, you deserve it for good lighting and atmosphere and capturing the holo in the most poppity way).

Wonderful set man! Everything looks devastatingly good. The pack looks amazing too. L2 is a perfect set riding the long wave that is peak pokemon art starting with E series and ending with this era. Legends especially is perfection. I mean, damn look at that art. Also, I think primes are sick.

What is your absolute favorite featured today?

4 Likes

Never realised how good this set was as whole, scizor still is one of the most beautiful cards ever made and espeon and umbreon indeed are beautiful too. Also couldn’t be happier that my slime boys were in the set and got the border treatment that really peaked in this era!

3 Likes

Amazing collection bro !

1 Like

Haha right! I started this set back in 2015 so its almost hit that double nostalgia aspect for me

1 Like

I finally got to it! I’m always seeing everybody else posting amazing info and cards I was like man I really should be more active here. But thanks so much man yea its been a learning curve with getting the holo to pop like that but slowly getting it down! My favorite is 100% that scizor holo, the dark ominous flying through the night art is top tier!

1 Like

Right! Legend sets really grew on me over the years. And yea that scizor is 10/10 for artwork It’s stunning. haha yess the slime boys deserve more love!

1 Like

Updating with another one of my favorite accomplishments and its the absolutely stunning gym decks!

23 Likes

Woah. Amazing collection, congrats!

1 Like

Beautiful stuff! I love reviving legends and this overall era of cards.

1 Like

These trainers all look great together, and in 10’s to boot! For whatever reason these never stuck out to me individually, but now that I see them all together I’m finding myself getting sucked in… new collecting goal unlocked :melting_face:

1 Like

Another gym series trainer lover I see? Ahh. Fabulous. Absolutely glittery and glorious. I have just the mirroring set you’ll soon see, just need to add a couple older updates myself. Not quite as cool, considering the decks and the nothing-short-of glorified, holy presentation you have there, but still something very similar. God, I’ve never seen holos pop that much. The key really is to take them one at a time. I find that doing the set of 8 (in your case 6 to match the decks) at once doesn’t quite photographically do the trick.

This is such a sick ass collection update man. The atmosphere you have provided with them truly shows your passion and reverence for them. This is just so up my alley! Blaine and Erika, represent.

2 Likes

Another gorgeous update but a bit bittersweet for me, i’m a man of few topics so i’m bringing up the slime aspect again by saying that it’s a massive pity that koga didn’t get a deck of his own since those decks are on their own level compared to the english ones and i would have loved to see a koga deck with some slime art in it, couldn’t imagine much better display piece

1 Like

gym trainers look great!

1 Like