Collection Value ...Gary Needs Your Help

I have the opportunity to buy all the below sets in one fell swoop.
My knowledge is limited on the majority of these sets which is why I need help.

The question: What total amount (confidently) would all these sets sell for WITHIN ONE YEAR if listed at fixed prices?

Please answer with your dollar amount estimates.

Thanks all:)

(For the EX, there are no gold stars, but there are all ex and Secret Rares)
Condition: 90-95% is NM/M.

Aquapolis x NO CRYSTALS
Skyridge x NO CRYSTALS
EX Dragon x
EX Team Magma Vs Team Aqua x
EX Hidden Legends x
EX FireRed & LeafGreen x
EX Team Rocket Returns x
EX Deoxys x
EX Emerald x
EX Unseen Forces x
EX Legend Maker x
EX Holon Phantoms x
EX Crystal Guardians x
EX Dragon Frontiers x
EX Power Keepers x
Diamond & Pearl Base x
Mysterious Treasures x
Secret Wonders x
Great Encounters x
Majestic Dawn x
Legends Awakening x
Stormfront x
Platinum x
Rising Rivals x
Supreme Victors x
Arceus x
HeartGold & SoulSilver Base x
Unleashed x
Undaunted x
Triumphant x
Next Destinies x
Dragons Exalted x
Boundaries Crossed x
Plasma Freeze x
Plasma Blast x

I am not knowledgeable about exact prices for complete sets. Those could probably be found via good old-fashioned research and calculation.

However, I can tell you that many of the EX series sets are getting harder to find and thus more valuable in complete-set form. Especially sets like EX Team Rocket Returns and EX Unseen Forces. My advice would be to pick all of the sets up.

i think my purchase will be very helpful here. I bought all the sets from 1st ed neo to ex series from a collector. I paid around 1500 all 3 e series sets. I paid around 225 to 275 for each ex series sets with the gold stars. The sets were in mint condition as well. Without the gold star the ex sets are worth about $50 to 75 from your prospective. A few of the ex sets like FRLG, TRR are worth about $125 to $200. Overall i’d say pay now more $4000 to 5000 from a resellers perspetive and thats just based on the cards in NM/M not graded.

I just remembered Rusty/the charizard authority bought a complete ex series collection plus extras for around $3000. The seller had opened up 10 boxes of each set then put them away. i know rusty got a complete set (rev/norm) plus ex & gold stars and extra exs. He seems to get really good deals though.

1 Like

There’s 35 sets with and without gold stars and there’s listings with and without ex’s and secret rares and most of the sets show no sold listings which. Ames it hard to research so, once again, please help me by answering the posted question.
Thanks…

I was simply stating that you could, for example, add up the prices for recent sold listings of all the ultra rares in the set, add in a reasonable amount for holos, and a reasonable markup for having it all together. I was just trying to help you out with my knowledge. If you only want responses from people who can give you an exact answer to your exact question, you should make it clear in your original post that those who cannot exactly answer your question are unwelcome in your thread.

@fourthstartcg im pretty sure he could look up the prices but for time sake and comparison he’s asking us here. As i said in my comment both myself and rusty made similar purchases which gave a purchase value number for him. It’s not that you’re comment wasn’t helpful its just not the specific answer he asking for which was number value… No need to let this misunderstanding continue. I know you’re always a helpful person.

1 Like

The aquapolis and skyridge has no crystals but have all the holos. Gary forgot to add that

That’s true lol.

Yes, I’m familiar with searching but many of the sets haven’t sold and others have Shinings or no ex’s etc. And I know little about many of those sets anyway. With 35 sets it was overwhelming for me which is why in the op I wrote the below:

“The question: What total amount (confidently) would all these sets sell for WITHIN ONE YEAR if listed at fixed prices?
Please answer with your dollar amount estimates”

I know many here are familiar with them to give me an idea of value.
Thanks for trying to help anyway 4star. I appreciate it:)
BTW…thanks Hisoka. That certainly helped.

1 Like

These are rough guesses that i would expect to sell within that time frame, i may be a bit off with some (particularly ex series) as i get mixed up with which has how many ex cards. Also the black and white sets the prices I gave are IF full arts and secrets are missing.

Only Plasma Freeze and Plasma Blast have no SR, but all the EX and FA are there. The other B&W set comes with all EX FA, and SR

Expect to piece them out if you want any real return on them. There’s a reason you don’t see completed listings en masse. They are extremely hard to sell unless you’re looking for nearly bulk value, save SR/UR which sell better individually anyway.

I’d shy away from them as an investment unless you’re getting a great deal. People that estimate the costs are frequently shocked by how little they sell for.

2 Likes

I’ll echo this. Complete sets are so hard to sell for a reasonable price.

Make sure you get these at a decent profit margin. It will likely take a year to move them as you said.