Rare Coils and Rarecoils (and Magnezones and Beldums and other things)

coil coil coil

Buyee had a 20% off Mercari and such last month, so I figured it’d be a good time to go for the “high” value Magnemites I was still missing. Grabbed a bunch of lots and ended up with a decent variety of Mites.

First off, ended up knocking out the rest of the WOTC era Magnemites I still needed. The eseries came from 2-3 lots, the Quick Starter Gift set on its own and all the Crossing the Ruins holos in their own lot. Curiously enough, the Magnemite from Crossing the Ruins seems to be more uncommon than the Magneton. This lot was the cheapest one I could find and I only saw like 4-5 of them total, so not sure if it was just my luck or if sellers don’t like listing the Magnemite or something.

Onto EX era. I got pretty bad luck with the Rulers of the Heavens 21s, as the first eds were already codes I had and I only got 2 unique codes between the 4 UEDs. The rest of the Mites were mostly deck ones I didn’t have already, so good coverage there. Capping this pic off is some UED Space-Time Creation, which is some headway into DP.

These two get their own pic because XY8 unlimited. The Red Flash is probably the last rare Japanese Magnemite I need. @Typhlosion_Collector kindly pointed out a Mercari listing for me and I crossed my fingers it’d stay up until I started putting together a Buyee order, which it did. The Blue Flash is a dupe I picked up because it was cheap, though it’s in worse condition than the one I already have.

7th gen and various odds and ends. The WOTC were dupes in a lot, the Plasma Gale was a minor gamble from Yuyutei and the Expansion Pack 20th Anniversary caps off the 6th gen Mites alongside the Red Flash. I just need the Black Kyurem EX deck Mite to finish 5th gen. On the 7th gen side, more random set cards and the vaguely annoying to find Metal Metagross-GX deck print. Having to zoom in on every MAHOU Magnemite to figure out which set it’s from was irritating. I also somehow have come this far without owning a Japanese Shiny Magnemite, so that’s been rectified.
The only 7th gen I’m missing now is the original print of the MAHOU Mite (Ultra Sun 34), funny enough. Yuyutei didn’t have any more by the time I made my order and didn’t want to buy a lot just for it, so I’ll pick up one eventually.

Finally, 8th and 9th gen. Time Gazer, VSTAR Universe reverse, then the SV set ones. Most of these came from my Yuyutei order, so I was kicking myself a bit for not waiting till the deck cards were revealed since it was pretty good odds there was gonna be a Magnemite reprint. I grabbed both Poke and Master Ball Magnemite and just Master Ball Magneton, though it’s pretty hard to tell in this pic. The Poliwhirl is because I needed something to hit the minimum order cost for Yuyutei and I really like its aesthetic/colors.

For some non TCG cards, I picked up the last few scrap cards I needed. Debating selling the Steven only card because I got it with the Steven + Megagross card and I paid a bit more than I liked. Of course, a cheaper Steven + Megagross card showed up on Mercari after I bought this one lol.

And now for an interruption of your regularly scheduled cardboard. These Mario cards were sold in blind packs with a wafer for the 35th anniversary. They’re plastic, smaller than regular trading cards and have holofoil (which I’m a giant sucker for, especially on the Super Mario Galaxy card). The backs have little blurbs about each game. I honestly regret not realizing they’re holofoil earlier, since they were super common 3 years ago but are now uncommon. I’ll be opening the sealed ones once I get some binder pages and figure out how I’m sleeving these, since they’re smaller than even perfect fits.
If you’re heading to Japan, I’m 4 cards off from a full set so keep an eye out. :wink:

Some more odds and ends. I’ll be putting together the Metagross nanoblock eventually and displaying the sleeve pack somehow. I mentioned these two pins in my pins/plush post and finally got around to picking them up. The Pokemon Quest pin is fairly uncommon so I snagged this one when it popped up. Unfortunately, due to the fact I tend to browse Mercari at night, I didn’t realize the pin was yellowed. It wasn’t expensive at least so I’ll probably just sell it once I get a not yellowed one. The Palnart Poc one is very nice, though it’s more of an accessory/wearing pin than a collectible pin like I usually get.

Finally, some figures. These are part of the Scale World Figure line (an outdated primer by PichuFan here). Metagross + Steven was limited and sold out fairly quickly when they released. I grabbed Metagross without Steven for about original price, which is both a bit of an oof but at the same time I don’t have to deal with selling the Steven figure lol. I grabbed Magneton by itself as well, but it originally comes in a set with Lt. Surge and Electabuzz.

For funsies, a comparison with the Magnemite line Zukan figures. Zukan are usually 1/40th scale, Scale World Figure is 1/20th.

9 Likes