CNET interview!

Fun read! Congrats again, Scott. Glad I was able to have a role in this history-making transaction!

2 Likes

Woow 315 offers haha thats amazing… I think Scott was good in marketing class :stuck_out_tongue: :grin: jk
Really nice to see that a single pokemon card can attract so much attention!

This really helps the hobby and brings legitimacy to all of us who, in different ways, benefit from it.
So… A big “Thank You” goes out to Scott from all of us:)

2 Likes

This is amazing :grin:. Congrats!

Thanks Gary! I hope it legitimizes pokemon for the broader audience. Hopefully people will value pokemon as a serious hobby.

Not to mention the US economy is actually picking up a smidge.

I suspect incoming card value increases.

another nice article from the UK:
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415853/Pokemon-collectible-card-rare-Illustrator-card-goes-Ebay-100-000.html

I’ll be honest. I didn’t expect this kind of hubbub. Haha.

Scott you are now on IGN! Have you been getting solid offers? :blush:

I have been getting offers I would accept, but since ebay does not hold buyers accountable if they don’t pay, I don’t accept anything without hearing back from the buyer. What made this worse is that ebay only allows a certain amount of personal messages, so I reached my limit because I had to contact each buyer because ebay does not hold them accountable if they don’t pay. A good old ebay catch 22!

I had my local FOX news call me about bringing the card on tv for a 3 minute time slot, but figured that would be a gimmick and declined.

Anyway, I hope the attention is ultimately a good thing for the hobby. I want people to see that realistically, there is much more interest in pokemon than some of the sport hobbies that receive more publicity.

2 Likes

Hey Scott, I’ll be your friend ;D lol jokes aside, congrats!

1 Like

You should see some of the messages I have received on ebay. I keep checking if I wrote somewhere in my auction to message me the dumbest idea you can possibly think of and I will sell you the card.

1 Like

SCOTT CALL ELLEN SHE’LL PUT YOU ON HER SHOW!!!

Seriously though, this is pretty cool. Take the card and get yourself on a talkshow or something and we’ll all come and be fanboys

LOL Scott take it to Fox and asked to be on the simpsons, they’ll make you a character! and then homer will jack your pikachu illustrator card in the show to sell for donuts and duff beer!

Scott, you should start a thread to share those messages. I’m sure it would be fun reading them.

1 Like

Does the guy who is selling the illustrator pikachu post on here (Noob poster alert)

*edit*

Didn’t realise this was a 3 page thread haha!

If this wasn’t graded, I would have legit been looking to offer in the region of what the 2009 card sold for.

$100,000, (ive read the seller - scott? - has rejected offers of $50,000) is just too much for me unfortunately.

Good goal to aim towards though… who needs a mortgage anyway :thinking:

Hey Scott, does that mean we are all friends with a celebrity now? :open_mouth:

We can go to tournaments and say… “Yeah… I don’t need to pay for anything, in fact YOU should be giving me extras… I know Scott. You know? The one with the $100k Illustrator?”

1 Like

I wonder if the other Illustrators will pop up for sale.

This is what I’ve been saying about my no stage, square cut Blastoise. I put it on eBay for 21,000.00 with a bounty offer that if anyone else in the world has another one I will buy it for $10,000.00 on the spot.
Nobody else has come forward.
I figured if there was another one, that would flush it out like the illustrator auction seems to be doing.
No Scott…I absolutely will not trade you brother;)