Clay Cards

Howdy! I plan on collecting all of the cards that include clay artwork of the Pokemon on each card. Aside from the english vs series Hitmonchan, are there any other trophy cards or just super rare cards that include clay artwork? I have pretty close to, if not all of everything between ex era and now. Anything that would be in a main or subset that is, all english. Thanks!

5 Likes

pkmncards.com/artist/yuka-morii/

10 Likes

m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Illus._by_Yuka_Morii
Because pkmncards doesn’t list her Japanese exclusive stuff like VS.

3 Likes

Yeah but it’s such a hassle clicking and going back or opening a bunch of tabs

Tru collecting is hard work at times.

9 Likes

Huh, I always thought the expedition venusaur was a yuka morii card, guess not

I really appreciate the link! Holy hell does that make this much easier lol more importantly i have an actual list to write down and work off of. I wasnt sure if it was the same artist or multiple so this is really awesome information

Whats wild is i never thought the discovery Caterpie was clay. Always thought it was drawn. Hm lol

Good point lol.

also: pkmncards.com/artist/sachiko-adachi/

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing today when I was looking through my bulk. They really do look cool/unique.

1 Like

honestly never stopped up and admired the beauty of these arts. Now that i really look at them… jeez i cant imagine the work put in to this.

2 Likes

Huh, never knew there was another clay artist besides Morii. Looks like she’s been active just in the time when I wasn’t (2004-2017), so I completely missed out on her work. Really cool!

2 Likes

Ahh even more of em with a different artist! Gonna have to see if there are any distinct differences in the artworks. I just admire how much time and work was put into the detail of them. To get even weirder, i like to see the fingerprints on them. Just shows how delicate they are and overall, pieces of a r t.

1 Like

Completely off topic, but your profile picture is my phone lock screen and I was like “uhhhh I don’t remember posting this thread” lol

1 Like

Nice! I have the full picture tattooed on me. Totey is my guy lol

They arent for everyone but I’ve always loved the clay art cards and one day I plan to start gathering them all up for a nice binder. Glad to see others have similar opinions and it’s not just me!

2 Likes

For anyone else that also collects clay cards, Yuka Morii doesn’t mind you sending her cards for her to sign. Just make sure to put enough postage for her to send it back. Instructions and address are on her blog.

note.com/yukamorii/n/nb5634299d8b5

3 Likes

I can confirm what @thedude1990 said. I actually have two Pikachu cards I had send her way incoming back to me as we speak after contacting her on Instagram. :blush:

Didn’t knew there was a second illustrator who’ve made those clay figures. Thanks for sharing. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Nice! I sent her my VS Bruno Steelix…what’s her insta handle if you don’t mind sharing it? I want to ask her if it’s okay for me to send her the other VS Bruno cards she did. It’d be awesome to have all of them signed by her.

Edit: Nvm, found her on insta. Lol didn’t think it’d be as easy as searching for Yuka :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes