Chrisundrum Collection Thread

A quick addition! Picked this one off eBay for a pretty cheap/reasonable price. I never owned any aquapolis sets but absolutely love all the artwork. Decided to pull the trigger on one of my favorite Pokémon!

6 Likes

Hello y’all! Today was a great card day. Finally got Misty and Giovanni today. I was pretty sure they got lost in the mail and after calling a few times it looks like they found it. They came out great.

I had messaged my jobs slack to see if anyone had any Pokémon cards and luckily one person did. None of their cards were in mint condition but that’s okay. These cards were pretty well loved. But look fine in the binder. Lol and sold me the rest at a pretty nice discount because he saw that how much I have enjoyed collecting which was really cool. It’s been so much fun working to trade and buy some cards I couldn’t get when I was younger. This trade has definitely lifted my spirits during this pandemic. It’s just unfortunate all my fun/hobby money is up! Oh well.

8 Likes

Small update. Another dog down! One to go.

5 Likes

Man. Been a wild few weeks! Love that I have been getting back into do art and couldn’t have kicked it off better than with a win on the E4 art contest. Thanks to everyone that voted for Whiscash.

Now let’s get at it. I finally sold my Neo Lugia. While bitter sweet I have been able to pick up some cards I have really wanted! Here is the first wave up pick ups!

The celebi has definitely been a card I have looked for for quite a while. Celebi is definitely one of my favorite Pokémon, growing up playing gold and silver. It was hard to find raw, and at a good price that was Near mint. Happy that I was able to bring it home.

8 Likes

The Kusube Slowking. Finer things exist not in the universe.

3 Likes

Uh I know right? Really have fallen in love with this artist. I had gotten the neo houndour and honestly stare at it often. I will probably do the same for this slowking.

I definitely don’t have enough cards to do artists page, but if I ever did one Kusube would be one of the firsts one I do.

2 Likes

One of the things that keeps this hobby going is nostalgia like the Christmas gifts from your parents. Very cool too! And great collection.

Oh MAN! That swirl is perfect! Great taste!

1 Like

Basically another grail card for me. Probably the most expensive card I will buy. As my fun money funds dry up, this will probably be the coolest card I obtain for a while! I was super anxious waiting for it and so happy that It came in fine. Can’t stop staring! Basically messaged someone on Reddit who posted about it 2 years prior. Still had the card and didn’t really collect anymore and sold it for a very affordable price. Much better than ebay thats for sure. So excited. Now just Latias and Rayquaza… *gulp*

5 Likes

So this is pretty huge big update. Pretty much just blew through all my fun money and got a ton of cards. Some great and some okay. Its been a tough few days because I am super happy to get some of these cards but also peeved that they came with more flaws than described.

1. Latios and Latias VS : Super happy to get the cards but I paid for a Latios that specifically had a super awesome swirl but when it came in the mail no swirl. The seller “forgot” to update their photos, and now trying to work with them on finding a replacement. But was still a bummer.

2. Entei: Awesome card! but I paid for “Mint” price and got one that was NM. Not a huge deal but has a slight scractch on the holo box that will probably bug me for a week or so.

3. Tyranitar Aquapolis. Just got this card in the mail today! Again a solid card, paid for Near Mint, but when I pulled it out of the sleeve see that has 4 or 5 binder dent/pock marks on it. Super frustrating.

With all these cards I messaged every seller and asked them to provide photos and details about the card, and it still isnt enough to rule out these issues. Is this typical on the higher end cards? I have bought almost 50 cards that were less than a $100 and never had an issue. But 3 out of the 4 on $150+ all had problems.

Anywho here is the update.

7 Likes

Very nice collection! Awesome pick-ups recently!

@chrisundrum, consider yourself lucky you haven’t had any problems yet. I’m as diligent as they come when buying cards, but it is common to get binder dents or light scratches the people either didn’t see or didn’t want to reveal.

Such gorgeous cards–the Komiya Politoed and Kimura Tyranitar are so stellar. Very nice to see you got a clean Lugia.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Thats good perspective @brendantheclayboy, Thank you. I would probably put myself in the extremely lucky category. I also spend probably way to much time inspecting but its worked out in the long run. Good news is that I was able to get partial refunds for all the cards that came back with issues. Which I am grateful that they were all very reasonable.

Yea, i loveee the artwork on the tyranitar. It was a must buy once i sold my lugia. and the politoed is pretty underrated (not on this forum at least). And as far as the lugia goes. That came from a coworker. Thankful that he has pretty much sold half of his collection to me and he kept his cards in very good condition.

1 Like

Another updat! Got some sweet cards off mercari and pokemontrading reddit. My favorite being the typhlosion 17. The person on mercari priced it extremely fairly (70$) for its condition. So had to swoop it up! Now that I have quite a bit of neo genesis, I am going to try for the set. Lugia, Ty 17, and Yanma are out of the way, so at least its all down hill from here.

I also had to buy a Latios VS with a swirl after the other one didn’t come through. So essentially I have an extra. Going to try and sell or trade it. And then someone had a firesale on reddit of some pokemon that I like for $1. Really cool and fun holos.

7 Likes

Will have another post of some of the other cards I have acquired over the summer, but wanted to share my first PSA return! Pretty stoked about it, I was pretty nervous it was the 8 or the 7 that popped up on the pop report but all’s well.

I am generally surprised about the feel for the case. It’s the first time I have seen or held a psa case. I think I prefer bgs’s case but these hold more value. And I’m sure if you have hundreds or thousands the smaller lighter case is the way to go. Anyways. Pretty stoked.

10 Likes

Alright. To get to the juice. Pretty much took the summer off but still handled some trades from time to time. Traded my beloved shiny chandelure but got a really nice mint Rocket’s Mewtwo. I also wasn’t trying to complete Neo Genesis holo set, but have slowly found myself trading/buying them when I see some mint ones. I think I only need four more!

7 Likes

The swirl placement on that Moltres is beautiful! Also Rocket’s Mewtwo holds a special place in my heart as it was the first card, for me, to reference the tie-in with the first game and movie’s plot regarding Mewtwo and Team Rocket. Congrats on the additions!

Considering your environmental artist background, do you find yourself attracted to cards that show more of a natural habitat?

1 Like

Man. Its been a while. I have been pretty sick the last two months with some sort of virus or bacterial infection, which has just now subsided. I had totally lost my ability to work and function for quite some time. To help me feel better I would stay up at odd times of the night and buy pokemon. LOL So I have some more pickups. I just traded my Tyranitar V AA for a Neo Pichu and an Azumaril. Hopefully be here next week. I wasn’t trying for a whole holo neo set, but it looks like I have inadvertently completed it. Hooray!

I have also slowly been trying to trade and complete my Base- Gym Series sets, and its proving very difficult. People don’t have NM or want to trade their Gym Heroes/Challange Holos even for some boss things like my Aquapolis Tyranitar. Oh well. We will see where things go.

I will also be entering in the pokemon contest which should be sweet. I will also try and finish my previous slowbro painting that got put on hold while I was sick.

3 Likes

Been pretty aggressive in trying to trade for gym heroes’ and challenge cards. Really tough finding people to let go of near mint versions raw.

Only need two more!

And completed my neo holo set

8 Likes