Check Out Your Local City or Town for Collector Events

Everyone here probably knows about Pokemon Regional Events or Collect-A-Con. These national events are certainly fun and are usually a great experience. I went to my first Collect-A-Con last year and plan on going to two this year as I live pretty close to the two in Texas. I think every collector should try it out once, but understand people that can’t afford to. If you don’t live in an area that the event comes to, then you may take off work and need to pay for travel, lodging, eating out, etc. It can add up and deter people from going.

Yesterday I received a text from my good neighbor. She sent a screenshot of a new local collector event that is happening this weekend. I would have never known about it as I don’t really have any social media and typically don’t check for any smaller events like this. I expect it to be really small, but am still very excited to go this weekend. This is the ad for the event on Facebook.

Feel free to share any smaller or local collector events here.

7 Likes

There is a Thread made by @thymeee for events in Europe, so that we have some event news specific for the region.

I will post this here as well. There is a convention happening tomorrow in the city of Den Bosch, Netherlands called Kanto Fair. It will feature many sellers from the region and also has a small tcg tourney. But I am interested in the trading area and looking forward to meet fellow collectors and hopefully make some trades. It will be my first event ever, so looking forward to it.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Really happy with my pickups from the event. I was able to trade for the slabs and Arceus cards so I didn’t spend much. Also got a Gengar Squishmallow for my nephew. The event was quite small as I expected. I was able to go through each vendor in a little under 2 hours.

@mrbubbles Hope you have a good time at the event tomorrow!

1 Like