Charizard BGS 9.5 to PSA 10 quick question

Hey guys, quick question: I have a opportunity to grab a base set Charizard (regular, unlimited) graded by BGS with following: Centering 9 and everything else 9.5 So my question is - can I get a PSA10 if i send it for re-grade? I know PSA is not as picky when it comes to centering.I’m getting it for roughly $550, but if it’s gonna get PSA9 only, I’ll loose a lot for $ :sweat:

It’s entirely dependent on the card in question and even good pictures can hide details. Nothing is exact. If the person is selling it for half of PSA 10 price that’s usually a sign that they know it won’t upgrade to a 10 otherwise why wouldn’t they do it themselves and make double their money?

4 Likes

Without even looking at the card, I think the chances are very very slim it upgrades to a 10.

It could still be a good buy for that price, just make sure there aren’t any issues with the card.

I’ve never tried to cross a BGS 9.5 to a PSA 10, but there are some on this board who have made many attempts at it, and my understanding is that the success rate is low. I wouldn’t count on it crossing over, but if it’s a fair price for a BGS 9.5, you shouldn’t lose anything other than grading costs, since you can specify a minimum grade of 10 when submitting to PSA (I believe they won’t crack your BGS case if it would not get a 10).

Many BGS 9.5’s were once PSA 9’s. $550 is a hell of a lot to pay for a PSA 9. It’s a weaker BGS 9.5 as far as those go as well.

2 Likes

I would just buy the equivalent PSA grade you want and take the risk out of it.

Think my thought also echo many of the above comments, would either just enjoy a BGS 9.5 for what it is, or if you are sceptical on the condition of it, purchase a PSA 10 and take no risks.

Remember to buy the card, not the grade… or at least in this case, the majority for the card! Numbers are important, but more importantly is collecting the card, and enjoying it for what the card is.

Thnx guys, I think I’ll still get it, as it’s a good price, though I don’t collect BGS cards haha

I would bet on it being a strong PSA 9

Have a good look at how well the card is centred before buying it as I would imagine that alone is probably not good enough to achieve a psa 10 with it being a 9 sub.

1 Like

do you have any pics? :blush:

To crossover I would think you’d want two 9.5 and two 10 subgrades.