BGS 9.5 cross grade to a psa 10?

I am thinking of getting this BGS 9.5 Shadowless zard and it’s sub grads are :

Centering 9.5
Corners 9.5
Surface 9.5
Edges 9

I hear mix thoughts if it has a chance being 9.5 or not but wondering what you in the community think and if you have had any experience with cross grading a bgs 9.5 too a psa 10

Probably not, but you never know. Usually you want all 9.5+ sub-grades to increase the odds of a 10, or else it might come back a PSA 9 instead. I have seen people get PSA 10 even with a 9 sub-grade though. The other thing to ask yourself is, if the seller is selling it as a 9.5, why won’t they crack it and try and upgrade to a PSA 10? Considering the premium the 10 carries over a 9.5, that probably tells you they don’t think it’s PSA 10 worthy. Either way a 9.5 is still going to be a very fine copy, and so unless you’re trying to complete a PSA 10 collection or have some other goals, you can’t really go wrong with a 9.5 or PSA 9 on any Shadowless Charizard.

Was hoping it would cross too a psa 10 as they would trade plus give me 2.5k usd for my psa 9 1st edition Charizard , not sure if I got a good deal here or no :thinking:

I assume all BGS 9.5s have already been attempted to be PSA 10s and failed already.

4 Likes

As for the contention that all BGS 9.5s have been attempted to cross to a PSA 10: I would assume that OLD BGS certs lower the probability of that? I.e., a 2018 cert proofs that no attempt was made to crack and cross (at least since then).

As for your question: I would consider crossing quad’s or cards with a 9 centering.

Probably not. The subgrades really don’t matter and no one can give you an answer without seeing the card. If the card looks like it should be a PSA 10, then yes. If not, then no.

The odds of someone selling that card in particular at a deep discount for being in the wrong plastic is pretty low, though.

2 Likes