Champions Festival "Staff" Stamp Distribution

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knew where the staff stamp distinction falls, in terms of rarity, versus the other distinctions. Also, are there a set amount each year like for the other stamps, or does it vary based on how many staff are hired for the event?

2 Likes

I’m also curious. For the other cards, there are 2 tournaments (tcg and video game), 3 age divisions and 2 copies given to each place (for promos). So there are:

6 trophy cards
12 champion cards
24 finalist cards
48 quarter-finalist cards

I would estimate there are more than 100 staff cards, but less than 1,000.

I was under the impression that there were only 6 champion, 12 finalist, 24 semi, etc…

I believe two promos are given to each place. So the champion will get 1 trophy card and 2 champion promos. @funmonkey54 can confirm.

That’s correct.

As for staff rarity in general: It is as common as the regular unstamped copy, approximately. Multiple are given to each staff member with additional copies given to people the higher up the food chain they are. A head judge will walk out with a small stack. A weekend volunteer might get one. During the low points in Pokemon popularity, the STAFF were likely much more available than the player unstamped promo.

STAFF has long been the go-to for people to collect. I suspect it is because breaking up a regular player’s set seems wrong and the STAFF are still as obtainable.

Good cards.

2 Likes

Last year, I bought 7 cards off one staff member. So I think even the 4 is a flexible cap.

Thanks for the information everyone!

Is that to say that the winner receives one of each of the stamped cards? Champion, Finalist, Semi-finalist, etc.? Would someone who finishes in the top sixteen would receive both the Top Sixteen card and the Top Thirty Two card?

If I’m interpreting what you’re saying correctly, I think that means figures for the stamped but non-Staff cards would be something like:

Stamp variant TCG VGC Total
Champion 6 6 12
Finalist 12 12 24
Semi-finalist 24 24 48
Quarter-finalist 48 48 96
Top Sixteen 96 0 96
Top Thirty Two 192 0 192

Is there by chance a list that displays where which ones had two full runs and which ones did not?

Thanks for letting me know though! I’ve noticed some years are much more common and cheaper than other years, so I was wondering if that was a correlation. However with lack of data, I won’t assume anything.

I think the semi/quarter finalist cards are somewhat affordable enough and readily available enough at this time that it might be worth stretching to get one of those rather than a staff. Relative to other cards, staff ones arent that cheap so if you are already spending a bunch, may as well make sure you have a a significantly more rare card which has more prestige. In the future, percentage-wise, the rarer ones will perform a lot better than staff ones and be a LOT less available or completely unavailable even. Thats just my opinion though!

1 Like