Card Eras - What do you want changed?

It would be a tad arrogant of me to say less worthy, it is just my personal preference. I stopped collecting cards at Neo Revelation and I stopped playing the games at Emerald version (at least playing the new gen versions as and when they came out) and beyond that I never really took to the new Pokemon at all for an array of reasons.

It’s hard to say why exactly, it could be that 386 Pokemon was enough for me, or I was at that horrible teenage age when I started to think I was too old for Pokemon, or as I still feel now that it seemed to me like they ran out of ideas and I just didn’t like the designs any more (I know some people really don’t accept this view). Also being a retro set, one has to draw the line somewhere!

Beyond all that, you might say well why not have sets for each generation, but being a completionist, I have to have budget in mind too! :grin: Man I got carried away with my idea for a second though and thought it was possible but you’re right, it’s a collectors dream and an also almost impossible scenario! :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yugioh occasionally does retro sets, so maybe there’s a chance that TPCi one day decides to do something like that. Maybe like Legendary Collection, except they add in some of the Neo and e-series cards in there.

1 Like

Tbh. I don’t know what to wish from future era after EX’s are finished. There’s already so much variety through all the years that it takes true imagination creating something new.

Retro set would be nice. I’m just having following issue with it: hp increase from past to present. Pokemon decides to buff hp from older prints ( Base etc. ) = some people won’t consider it being same thing, in other hand if hp is kept as same = tcg playing is screwed for long time.

Delta Species sounds fun, it’s not as overused like all shining variants combined. Basically anything goes as long it is focused on Gen 1-3.

So we are in the F ART ERA ?

Interesting

3 Likes

Id like to see a reduction in numbers of ultra rares, sets with 1-8 ultras worked well, when you have 20, they kind of lose their impact.

1 Like

I absolutely want to weigh in on behalf of the actually rare cards.

I want badass secret rares at 1-2 per case. Please. I beg it of you.

1 Like

Expensive-shipping era

2 Likes

I gotta say I completely agree with @churlocker, I’m talking one per 20 boxes or so and make it so the secret rares are actually rare!

I just thought of this.

No more Robust, Unnecessary, Orange letters cutting off the Pokemon in Mega Full Arts.

I hate it. Why the fuck would they invert language first off, second why clutter the card. I like minimalism and this is not helping. Think of how much better the new FA mewtwo looks rather than its mega form FA’s. It should be the other way around.

3 Likes

I think this is the first post you have ever made that I totally agree with.

My thoughts exactly. Been saying and complaining about this since FA Megas inception. Get that bullshit colouring effect out as well.

3 Likes

I remember pulling my first mega and not knowing how to feel about it. I shouldn’t have ever felt that way about Charizard, but I did…And to top it all off they began adding the same power burst effect after roaring skies. Completely offset colors and again unnecessary as fuck! Its too much.

1 Like

Tripling down on the massive letter hate.

4 Likes

Need I mention the new Vanising Blast :wink:

1 Like

You think that print run is what you guys are getting? And is it concidered more valuable because it falls under the “error” classification?

I don’t think it is an error. The English writing on that card will probably stay with that.

The value of a printing error like that can only be gauged when it is estimated how many were released compared to a ‘fix’.

For instance the error on the Plasma Storm Charizard Secret Rare means nothing because there was never a correction.

1 Like

I want Full Art Megas of Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur. I also want Suicune Ex and FA. On top of that I want Golden UR’s to return. (Pokemon, Not Trainers). I think XY8 is the first to bring these back with the Mewtwos…

2 Likes

Can’t agree more with the FA Megas!

1 Like

Do you guys think that we will see a FA Red/Ash for the 25th anniversary? Since they brought back Giovanni now and will descend from there each year?

I think the cards will have a feature with Pokemon Go! Similar to E-readers