Can anyone fill me in on this set?

1997 TOMY Rare Scratch booster Box

2 Likes

I NEED to know where they got these packs. I have a scratched and unscratched Gyarados, though in ā€œExcellent conditionā€ at best.

Donā€™t know too much about them. I asked the individual who I purchased them from about them, but he only knew what they were called and that they came in packs. Which, as we can tell, is apparently true.

Never seen any of the packs until this video though. I want the Gyarados he got!

www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/252096976292

1 Like

The seller only sells to the UK, either @azulryu or @shizzlemetimbers if you want this lot just pm me and I can buy it for either of you, all I ask is the cost and the postage to your country of residence, nothing extra.

2 Likes

@woolsluk That is a bro offer, Azul will be your man as he is the king of flats, I am pure TCG but thank you for the offer I appreciate it!

1 Like

Wicked appreciated, but I already have a scratched and unscratched version. Haha. However, Iā€™d be interested in finding out if thereā€™s a Holographic version for Gyarados.

On the other hand, @woolsluk , could I contact you in the future for any potential items shipped only to the UK as a middle-man?

Of course @azulryu If I can help I will do it free of charge whenever you like.

1 Like

@woolsluk , youā€™re the best.

Also, as a general update, I contacted James (the maker of the original video) about the set. He couldnā€™t tell me anything more beyond the information presented, but he did give me a list of what the full set consists of:

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur Holo
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard Holo
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastiose Holo
Butterfree
Pidgeot
Rattata
Raticate
Pikachu Holo
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Clefairy
Machoke
Golem
Rapidash
Magneton
Haunter
Krabby
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Rhydon
Kangaskhan
Seaking
My. Mime
Tauros
Gyarados
Omastar
Snorlax
Moltres Holo
Mewtwo Holo

2 Likes

So weird thereā€™s not the full 151 in a set. That Ken Sugimori artwork thoā€¦

1 Like

Is it part of a series were the full series goes through all 151?

www.ebay.com/itm/281870594841?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

@killerred09 Hopefully the price stays low! I keep seeing listings for close to 80-100 dollars for an entire pack!

the guy is selling packs as well for 5 which I could of won if I didnt forget

Are all cards flipside scratch off?
What is under the scratch off?

Yup. All the sides are flipside scratch off. I took a photo of my two Gyarados cards for comparison:

Iā€™m pretty sure that itā€™s different for each type of card.

Edit: Relooking at this reminded me of something I read a little while back. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m right on this but I could be wrong.

You basically played this like a card game. The scratch portions in the back were your attacks and the damage done by them. The scratch parts with the arrows on the left are your Hit Points. Not sure what the green is, though.

1 Like

As far as I know, there exist 2 series of those cards (see below).

On the left we have the series 1 and on the right we have the series 2 (which is very hard to find).
You can notice some minor changes between the two series.

There are 36 cards per series, and I do not know if there exist other series to complete the 151 PokĆ©mon ā€¦

I love how they write ā€œPockemonā€ :rofl:

2 Likes

Capsule Monsters, Pacumon, Pockemon, Poket Monsters/Pokemon - I love the evolution of the name