Base set Pickachu with weird 13 mark in right bottom corner?

Hi All,

I noticed this Pickachu and saw that it has a weird mark in the right bottom corner and right under the image. Is this a known thing or something that indicates a fake? For me it looks like the number 13.

Cheers!

1 Like

It’s a bulbasaur intro VHS deck card as seen by the set symbol. Those cards are numbered (in order to help teach the new players).
Reference this ebay listing (the price is stupid and insane so ignore that part). www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Pokemon-Card-VHS-Bulbasaur-Deck-PIKACHU-13-PSA-9-Mint/124409857078?hash=item1cf767c436:g:dPIAAOSwIUBfmAhX

3 Likes

@redsky, sharp spot! I will try to get it then looks interesting. He is also offering this card. Is this another VHS cards?

Sorry for the shit picture quality lets test your eyes :grin:

@redsky, found it its number 40 in the VHS deck :blush:

@lop902 Both Pikachu are indeed from the Intro Pack - Bulbasaur. Here a set list for them: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Intro_Pack_(TCG) :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

@lop902,If you’re interested in the set cards, definitely take a look at the whole set list. The holo cards and packaging are pretty nice too. The holo cards are the same as the CD promo designs but with the set symbol differences like the pikachu. You might still be able to get a sealed set of the 2 decks for ~$250 unless they’ve gone up in the last few weeks. If you do, keep in mind the plastic wrap around the decks can cause slight damage to the edge of the holos since they are on top of the stack. I love my set!

I love this set! A lot of the cards in the decks have unique art that cannot be found in any other release. My absolute favorite is the Wartortle done by Kizuki. Arcanine, Meowth, the above Pikachu… such a fun collection.

Also you may or may not be able to triple your money or more just by buying one of these decks at market and grading all the Pokémon species cards. You didn’t hear it from me though.

1 Like

What are species cards? There are a lot more cards of these decks out there raw than people realize that are in unplayed condition. I have found more than one full set just in coworker’s old childhood collections that they didn’t know what it was from.

Species like non-trainer/energy cards. The Pokemon lmao

I’ve never played pokemon as a TCG so I didn’t know that’s what they were called. In MTG they’re just called creature cards. Learn something new every day I suppose.