Can ANYONE explain how this card sold for this price?

How can it be possible that this PSA 10 Kakuna blue back card sold for $10,200??? I understand that this is a PSA Pop 1 out of 5 but ebay prices for a PSA 9 goes for max 250-300? There is also a rarer variant of this card where there isn’t a index number of the Pokemon (no number variant) but this has it (#014).

I apologize if this a dumb question but I really had to get an answer for this :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@Metapod_museum

7 Likes

This was already discussed on the PWCC Megathread. It’s unlikely to be paid for. Just a shilling case.

3 Likes

Ah okay thanks! Will close this thread then

Let’s put the following assumption: Kakuna is the most incredible pokemon in history, the most desired, the most loved, the Pokemon that any child or any adult wants, not only in all video games to take it in their team, but also to have it at home, in the form of TCG cards, merchandising, stuffed animals, blankets for the bed, a car shaped like Kakuna, a wedding cake with two figures of kakuna kissing. … in this case, it makes sense that without being a “no number” card, this card could have gone for USD10K.

But we said “Let’s put the next assumption” at the beginning. And this is false.

Everybody knows that nobody, NOBODY, in the 8 billion people in the world, NOBODY has any interest in Kakuna.

14 Likes