Buying booster boxes, international

Hi! I live in Norway aka. not-US, and I’m looking to buy english booster boxes.
I am interested in older boxes, although I do think they are a bit expensive for me.
Right now I’m trying to find the best place to buy XY booster boxes (mainly Primal Clash or Roaring Skies),
Are there any other international collectors who have some tips for cheap boxes, where the shipping is also reasonable?

Cheap boxes? Cheap shipping?
Me too lol.

4 Likes

If you buy anywhere within the EU then you wont have to pay any import taxes, thats my best advice

1 Like

If there were cheap boxes that any of us knew about they would be gone. The chances of finding steals is very slim

1 Like

Bingo!!! Lol

try: pokemonforever.net :blush:

Well, the cheapest. I realize it’s expensive to collect outside of the US, but you guys are still buying, right?

Shipping a booster internationally would cost at least $20. Then you have customs fees on top of that, so any bargain you might find will practically be negated by the high shipping cost and customs fees. You’re better off buying locally or from nearby countries so shipping isn’t as expensive.

You have no idea how expensive it is to buy locally here. We don’t have Target and Walmart with the crazy prices you have. The cheapest you can get from any seller in Norway for the new booster boxes are $160. I’m just looking for the best price I can find, even though it probably won’t be a good one.

that’s what Australia pays for Booster boxes. The reason for the price is. Because of your location. The shipping costs. Booster boxes are $100 shipping is $20-30. Tbey charge $160 to make a profit. Theres customs and taxes as well. So the profit is small.

If you are doing it the right way its going to cost you the same. The other option is to buy a several boxes to cram into a large flag rate box. You’d have to lie the customs form as well.

1 Like

As already stated, it is 100% due to the cost of importing goods. Why the US is significantly cheaper is for a multitude of reasons. The two main reasons being: The cards are produced here, and we have a much more open market.

There is no loophole in getting a box for “cheap”. If you buy from the US, which will have a cheaper price point for the box, the seller still has to pay at least $25-30 due to weight. $25-30 is also a conservative estimate for the cheapest possible shipping service.

2 Likes

$160 sounds like a good deal after all these comments and taking everything into consideration. $90-100 is about the standard floor for new releases here in the US. What price do you have in mind if you think $160 is too much? Especially those two boxes you are going for, they are out of print now. I would hop on them at $160 locally if you have a shot. I expect them to go up as primal clash has many great trainers and roaring skies has shaymin.

I don’t know anyone in Australia that pays $160 for a booster box (assuming you guys are talking about US dollars).

Many distributors here sell them for $145AU including postage and I am able to pick up English boxes for $129AU from a local supplier.

i find buy single packs from stores is epic get like 2 full artingtons per 10 packs as appose to paying for booster box… but erm, havnt really bought an engrish xy box yet. Going to in futurez.

maybe youre lucky. Technically I could get English ones for $82. At 125 AU that’s about direct cost price. Unless they are printed there I don’t see how that price would be retail.

I’m not lucky, that’s fairly standard pricing and I’m not using any “hook-ups”. I don’t buy English products though.

1 Like