Butterfree 'd' error

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any further information on this error. Is it a completly random pull or does it follow any trends or patterns?

For example, if I have a 1st edition booster box of which I’ve pulled ‘regular’ 1st Ed butterfree would you expect the rest of the butterfree to be the same (I.e no chance of finding the error)? Or would every butterfree in an affected box have the ‘d’ due to the nature of the error.

Appreciate any further info you have :blush:

I opened a box with the error, and not all butterfree’s had the error. No real definitive pattern in my experience. However the error version is less common.

2 Likes

same experience here. Most of the cards I have were from booster boxes I bought. Out of several regular butterfrees, I was only able to get 1 error

I have sheets where only one of the butterfrees are errors, and always in the same location on the sheet. This means it was an ink problem in that location when the sheets were produced.

9 Likes

Do you know how many butterfrees are on the sheet, do you have a 1st ed sheet without the error?

I have them in my Cali locker but I think there’s 7 or 8?
It’s been so many years but I don’t believe I have one without the error. I would sure like one though.

Do you know if it’s possible to find a sheet without the error? It wouldn’t surprise me if all of them had the error. If that’s the case we at least have a ratio of error to non error versions.

I suspect there are non error versions. I’ve opened cases of 6 boxes and gotten no errors. That made me think there were sheets without them. Does that make sense to you too?

That would be the most logical answer. Thanks Gary.

I have about 40 Butterfree from packs opened by one individual and 6-7 were d error if that helps

I love this error, very fond memories of pining after this card as a kid…only recently snagged one. To echo everyone else before me, they are more uncommon than the normal 1st edition but can be had at reasonable prices.