Brother Found Photo Of Me From The 90s When I Pulled Zapdos

I was not sure where to post this so mods please feel free to move this but my younger brother was at my Grandmas going through photos and found this gem. Growing up in the 90s Pokemon was such a huge part of my childhood from playing with neighbor kids to having a Pokemon themed birthday part. Through Covid and the resurgence of Pokemon I am back in this hobby finishing up some of the earlier WOTC sets using my original collection. I love this hobby and am so happy to have found my love for the cards and collecting again. If anyone has photos from early days with the cards I would love to see them to :blush:

It wouldn’t let me rotate on the image hosting site (sorry)

24 Likes

My dude with the Clefable? isn’t looking as happy as my man with the zapdos!

thanks for sharing (:

3 Likes

Love it bro!!! Wish my mom didn’t lose the VHS of me opening up a bunch of fossil packs on Christmas going NUTS!!! :joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Haha I would be happy to pull a Clefable but compared to a Zapdos I can understand his expression :stuck_out_tongue:! Totally we all love the hobby for one reason or another and I was hoping it would maybe spark memories for others as well!

1 Like

Oh no! That would have been awesome to see. Maybe one day it will come up haha.

1 Like

I have 2 vivid memories as a child of pulling cards

1. The first pack I opened at this small shack in the wall LCS, and pulled a Blastoise
  2. On vacation went outlet shopping and I got a Base Set 2 pack and pulled a Charizard

Most of my memories consist of playing the actual TCG, I remember having my full deck in top loaders I was fortunate at the time the neighborhood kids were older so they kept their cards in much better condition and I just mimicked them. (As I was 100% the kid putting my cards in my spokes thinking i’m a total bad ass)

They also had way cooler cards, I remember one of the older kids gave me a Birthday Pikachu.

Random but I remember getting really sad one time when we were playing the TCG and I was finally winning and had my Steelix out but I didn’t even have an Onix in my deck and someone walked up and noticed. I was devastated.

What a pull! :blush:

Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Oh no! Man I never played the TCG growing up I think I tried once or twice but even the older kids around me primarily just collected. I also did not take good care of them and most of my original cards especially holos would be in 2-4 PSA rating haha. My charizard may be slightly better. For Christmas my dad tore open a ton of base set and happened to pull it so he put it in a top loader inside of a shoebox. I was so excited when I opened that shoebox. Still have the charizard and will never sell it. I feel so connected to it and looking at it takes me back to Christmas.

How awesome. Thanks for sharing your memories. I really love hearing other people’s stories. I am glad the neighbor kids were good influences in terms of storing them well haha.

1 Like