Block Ebay Buyer: baah1615

I ran a couple auction blocks, and should have checked the feedback on baah1615. They habitually never pay, as noted in their feedback. Just a quick fyi for any sellers.

4 Likes

That man’s feedback wall is a wall of shame lmao

2 Likes

Wait, did ebay remove the negative feedback option? The comments tell everything but the feedback itself is green (positive)?

I don’t believe you have the ability to give buyers negative feedback on ebay.

1 Like

Sellers can’t leave negative feedback for buyers

1 Like

FYI username is spelled correctly in the title not @smpratte 's description.

eBay needs to start straight-up banning non-paying buyers. It’s getting really annoying. A few weeks ago, I countered an offer on a card of mine and the buyer accepted. And then he immediately proceeded to message me and ask me if he could have 3 weeks to pay. I reluctantly agreed. And what do you know, 2.5 weeks later (which was yesterday), the guy messages me and tells me that he can’t afford to pay for the card and that I can relist it.

For auctions, one thing eBay could do is force people to put down a deposit in order to bid on an item. And then once that auction is over, the deposit is refunded if you either lost the auction or won the auction + paid for it. Either way, they need to crack down on it because it’s super common and super annoying.

5 Likes

@pokehut1, I changed it in the description. Both are correct now.

@zorloth, I agree. Private auction houses go after unpaid buyers. I wish at least sellers could leave negative feedback as its a massive waste of time, and you lose your entire auction inertia.

3 Likes

@starhatpokemon, @eyesofmadara, wow I didn’t know that. That’s a stupid policy

Are you telling me there is no repercussion for multiple incidents of not paying? If there isn’t some sort of strike system, I’m a bit baffled. And then if an account has gone extreme and exceeded this limit enough to warrant a permanent ban, black list their payment info, paypal and credit/debit cards to prevent them from a new account.

You get strikes, which have zero consequences except that you can block users with 2+ strikes (from within the past 6 or 12 months, forgot which) from bidding on your items.

1 Like

eBay needs some sort of visible mark for buyers like this. The only way to warn other sellers is to leave positive feedback and note they are a non-payer.

So if you just look at his score he looks like an exceptional buyer, way too easy to miss if you don’t read the feedbacks. eBay needs a separate number next to the feedback that shows how many unpaid items they have.

1 Like

You mean like Negative feedback? Its criminal that you are allowed to leave nothing but positive to a buyer, but can leave any of the three to a seller. I don’t positive-neg a buyer because I don’t want to get in trouble trying to help others, but the fact that it is such a thing now means ebay needs to address it. I have seen more positive’s on problem buyers with notes of non payment and scamming then ever before. Won a case the other week after selling a cell phone for my mom, guy claimed it didn’t work anymore and the person at verizon told him it needs a new antenna and I need to give him 50% off or he will return. His feedback was PLASTERED with comments saying the exact same thing he told me, I brought it up with ebay and they closed the case and yet he has kept doing it according to his feedback.

we should have a thread for buyers who do not pay, easy for everyone to block

There’s a Blacklist in the Sour grapes subforum

You also get screwed if you have a promo from ebay for the original listing (discount on fee).

I think only mods can post into that thread

1 Like

i’ve never seen such a negative feedback page. like he could just create a new account, but he purposely chooses not to. god i love ebay.

1 Like

Ebay could do with an option to block or approve low feedback buyers for items over a certain value as it always makes me nervous when someone with no feedback buys something. There is no easy way to cancel the transaction without risking a fee or negative feedback

How many items did they win and not pay? I hate it when you have to wait to close out the case, you should be able to do it sooner if you do not hear back from buyer within 24 hours.