Blastoise EX XY 29/146 Versions

Are there multiple versions of the Blastoise EX 29/146 from the XY set? I know of the normal version (with vertical rainbow holo foiling) and the water web exclusive from the tins (with diagonal rainbow holo foiling). However I have another card pictured below that seems to have a slightly different border and holo foiling than either of those two.

The photo below has the normal version on the left and the one in question on the right. Anyone know anything about this?

Looks very fake to me - that rainbow reflection and the lack of border make it look like someone has scanned the card and printed it out on glossy paper without correctly adjusting their printer settings to make it print to the correct scale.

3 Likes

PichuFan I thought that may be the case but I had wishful hoping. I guess that is $1 ill never get back from that yard sale. HAHA

Seems like such an odd card to make a fake of. Considering its not that valuable.

This probably wasn’t faked to be sold individually. There were tons of fake booster boxes a few years ago where every pack contained a dozen counterfeit EXs. Very popular with parents wanting to buy their kids a lot of cards but not spend a lot of money. Unfortunately a lot of people don’t know the difference.

1 Like