Blaines Moltres Gym Heroes or Shining Gyarados Neo Rev?

Blaines Moltres Gym Heroes or Shining Gyarados Neo Rev? Both cards are beautiful but Im trying to decide which one to get. Theyre both 1st edition and around the same price, I need to choose one in PSA 10. I really like both of them but can only afford one atm. Very tough decision for me. Which one do you all think will grow more in popularity? And out of curiosity which one do you guys think looks better visually? Both amazing cards I wish I could scoop them together. Thanks!

buy what u like. Honestly, in terms of a value purchase, you can’t go wrong with either.

Do you have fonder memories with one pokemon or the other?

5 Likes

I own both and really love them both. The artwork is amazing for both cards and they are both some of my favourite Pokemon. For investment purposes I would go with Shining Gyarados, but in the end they’re both great purchases. Go with what you like the most and I’m sure you’ll be equally happy with either.

2 Likes

Tough decision I look at both and see two great looking cards. One is just a fiery beast flying through the night which makes the card really pop. Then the red menacing gyarados in lake of rage at night time with ash in the boat is just amazing art work. Both are so even to me its nuts how I cant pick lmao. Wanted to see everyones opinion on both before making the decision

Well said! This made me feel much less stressed about choosing haha thank you for that!

In the same predicament lol! Moltres’s holo is very mirror like which i love but the art on Gyarados is superior :grin:

1 Like

Gyarados for sure

1 Like

This a 100 percent my friend. Buy which one would mean the most to you first, and keep the opportunity to purchase the other at a later time. Always remember, youll be be able to find the cards down the road so long as they arent scarce, but what matters most is wisely deciding what to buy and i most usually always buy what I like the most first. Either card would be a fantastic choice!

2 Likes

You could always downgrade to PSA 9’s and buy both of them :slight_smile: Atleast that’s what I collect. Mostly because of the insane prices of those PSA 10’s. Makes it hard to collect all the cards I want living as a student.

2 Likes

Shining Gyarados gets my vote, but I would caution you that it’s just a fisherman in the boat, not Ash.

4 Likes

7 Likes

GYARADOS!

6 Likes

The artwork on both of those cards is absolutely beautiful. You won’t go wrong with either of them in your collection!

2 Likes

I’d have to say Shining Gyarados. Why? Blaine’s Moltres is a great card and hits a lot of nostalgia, however, who WASN’T pumped to learn they could effectively obtain the first Shining Pokemon ever in a card? This card marks an era of Pokemon collecting where Shinings/Shinys were wanted alternatives to other Pokemon. Red Gyarados being the first. This card was also incredibly hard to get from booster packs. Being about a 300 and 1 chance of getting.

In any way you look at it, Shining Gyarados marks a really important time in the TCG - it, along with Magikarp, brought about the beginning trend of having Shiny Pokemon.

Besides nostalgia and having great art, what is Blaine’s Moltres notable for? A quick search on Bulbapedia will tell you this:

“This card was the first to feature an attack costing 5 Energy.”

Shiny Trend Starter vs First Five Energy

I rest my case.

1 Like

Why not buy both of them in 1st Edition PSA 9 if you concerned with artwork? That way you can afford many copies of both :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I like the Gary artwork a little better. Both are great though.

2 Likes

They mentioned that they can only afford one at the moment.

A psa 8 Blaine’s Moltres goes for about $50 while a psa 8 Gyarados goes for about $200. The pop is comparable. In terms of card popularity it’s not a contest

3 Likes

The fact that you even consider the Moltres probably means you should go for it, because you probably had a fair notion of the fact that the Gyarados is much more investable than the Moltres going into this.

On the other hand, the price increase on the Gyarados is going to be more brutal than the Moltres, so if you think you can afford the card you don’t buy now in the not-too-distant future, then I would buy the Gyarados now and buy the Moltres later.

SHINING GYARADOS NEO 3 JAOANESE PSA 10

2 Likes