Black Star Promos : Open or Not?

I recently bought these sealed promo energies because they’re badass, and I actually still play with WOTC era cards.

On a per-card basis I have less than the going rate on eBay. I might be able to sell them individually and get most of my money back. Still, I wonder if like other things there value will decline if unsealed.

I’m contemplating buying other sealed Black Stars so I wonder if they’re worth more sealed too.

Once opened… there is no way back. And with time there are less and less sealed products. I would keep them seal.

2 Likes

Grass, lightning are pop 0 WOTC holo cards I believe, so you could make a return if you find 10 candidates. Here’s a thread I made a while back

www.elitefourum.com/t/current-psa-10-pop-0-wotc-holos/17008/1

I would definitely keep them sealed.

I would pay $100 each for the 3 I need:

Lightning Energy
Psychic Energy
Grass Energy

Have you graded any?

Why not buy a pack of 25 sealed and grade a few? Pretty good odds in a sealed 25 pack and there is a grass energy one for sale at 80 bucks on ebay. Might as well try if you want it or at least buy it and deal with it later.

1 Like

I graded 8 full sets 2 years ago. I got 6 PSA 10s and about 40 cards PSA 8 or lower. I’m waiting it out for 10s at this point.

2 Likes

Wow, that is a low pop of 10’s and you might as well crack if it grades under 8 I suppose. I imagine more people want a raw NM card, than an 8 grade. I only think that way because it’s an energy card and a low grade would be a hard sell even if still NM.