Black Labels = King of Graded Cards

In what way are they terrible? Respectfully back. :slight_smile:

They grade everything and anything, even fake sigs and green label them. They grade NFC Pokemon Cards. CGC has a ugly label and when they first started grading my question was always: “Why would you trust a grading company that cant even center their grade on the label?”

3 Likes

About black label cards being “closest to perfection”, I can’t agree on this because I’ve seen imperfect black label cards. When black label cards have 55/45 OC or white dots, they are as good as PSA 10s to me. I will also examine the card to see if it deserves the grade given.

2 Likes

closest to perfection != perfect. Grading is subjective in general and every grading company is both consistently inconsistent (I stole this from someone on discord, forgot who)

1 Like

I agree with you. Bgs overall is the most consistent inconsistent grader out of psa, cgc and bgs. The more black labels that appear with dodgy centering the better as more people will see it’s all make believe.

1 Like

Uhhhh all companies are inconsistent. There will always be noise on which company is better / structure/ consistent, but at the end of the day you’re paying a premium for a minimum wage to look at your cardboard to assign an arbitrary grade.

2 Likes

Yes they are all inconsistent I agree fully but from everything I’ve seen, bought and graded my view is BGS is at the bottom of these 3 for consistency in the good way. If they were at the top of my list I’d happily grade with them.

If I’m going to pay a a massive premium I don’t expect back centering like this.

3 Likes

Need a meme picture of Pam being asked to show the difference between a PSA 10 and a black label. There is no difference… to me atleast

2 Likes

I mean tbh I’d buy it lol. Again grades are arbitrary and serve a premium. There are so many psa 10s that should be 8s or even 7s for holo scratches and same can be said about cgc and bgs

1 Like

I agree there’s lots of wrong grading about but I see most with bgs then psa and I’m yet waiting for a confirmed outlandish cgc. The title of my next thread. Please find me badly graded cgcs.

1 Like

Cgc grades dented cards 7.5s or even 8s as upgrades and for downgrades recently there has been rumors that cgc changed their scale of leniency and it’s a lot easier to hit pristine. This is all anecdotal and I personally have never and will never grade with cgc for their ugly labels and shameless motives. But I do agree that black labels do get more critique due to them being the highest and some do look bad Xd

1 Like

I feel like I’m having the same convos over and over lol. Are all dents equal? If I had to choose between heavy whitening and something I can’t see even close up I know what I’d choose. I agree that they have loosened up grading. The thing is they were so tight that nothing could get a 10. Comparing the newer graded stuff I have cgc are still tighter than psa but only v slightly. @triple please find me a badly centered cgc perfect 10 english card preferable. I always look for these and nothing has stood out yet.

BGS and their .0005% pokemon market share…

“YEAH, BEACUSE THE CREAM RISES TO THE TOP” - Every Black Label Bro

mene-gene-macho-man

I personally can’t stand BGS and how inconsistently inconsistent they are with grading any non mint card.

3 Likes

idk I don’t use cgc to be able to tell ya

1 Like

IT is the best of the best. there is no argument. ezpz

A PSA 10/CGC 10/SGC 10 can be a black label though. Unless you are buyibg a truly rare card in a black label, its a gross waste of money because its conditional counter part could and can be found in its PSA/CGC/SGC equivalent.

Of course it can be… When you’re buying a graded card you’re no longer buying the card, you’re buying the grade

1 Like

A couple of points. First of all, I wouldn’t say that I’d prefer a Black Label over a regular PSA 10 all the time. This is just a personal preference but when I collect a set, I want it to be as coherent as possible. This means, all cards were graded by the same company, have the same grade, are all the same edition, same language etc… For some modern Pokemon sets, you might attempt to go for Black Labels only, but for many older sets it’s simply impossible, as many cards have never received a Black Label. So even if one of the older cards I want is available as Black Label, I might prefer the PSA 10 to keep it consistent with the rest of the set.

Secondly, I disagree that Black Label grading is subjective. In fact, it’s the least subjective grade out there. The card has to be virtually perfect (at least the front) and BGS explicitly states that the front must NOT have any off-centering, nor may it contain ANY print spot, period.

grafik

And because BGS has this zero tolerance rule when it comes to Black Labels, any Black Label card that does have off-centering or a print spot that you can see with the naked eye becomes an automatic misgrade. So unless I could see a Black Label card in person, I would be very hesitant to buy it, because I don’t want to pay such a huge premium for the only grade that can objectively be classified as misgrade if I’m unlucky and the picture didn’t tell the whole story.

1 Like