Black Labels = King of Graded Cards

Black Labels are KING. Many people say that Black Labels are just “flex” PSA 10s, but nah; They’re the cream of the crop and serve the highest level of premium. Was it a mistake that a Moonbreon Black Label sold for $12,000? Or did a buyer want an INSANE LOOKING CARD? I think the latter. Black Labels always and will always be multitudes higher than a PSA 10 and Beckett knows that and even the BGS Gold Label 10 serves a purpose too. It wasn’t random that the man himself Logan Paul tried his hardest to get the 3rd BGS 10 Gold Label Base 1st Charizard, its because that Gold and Black are just higher than PSA 10.

“PSA 10s are a fraction of the price for ink pixel differences or even a similar card” - Well yea, but the Black Label adds the premium and people who are in the graded market are buying for the GRADED PREMIUM regardless. It is an oxymoron if you collect PSA 10s but hate BGS 10 Golds or Black Labels because they are the same market. If you tell me you don’t collect BGS 10 Gold or Black Labels because of financial situation or you prefer PSA 10s or 9s … 1s, then that is completely fine and that is your choice as a collector. Black Labels are the king of the market and will remain on top because it is the highest possible grade and people want the best of the best. I used to have the mindset where if I buy something, I want the best of the best so I will never
have the need to replace it, and I’m sure many people who are in the Black Label market feel the same way!

2 Likes

I knew this was a triple topic just from the title. :melting_face:

33 Likes

hmmm interesting

2 Likes

Even though I don’t collect graded cards I will say this about Beckett, it protects your card from sun rays better than PSA, even CGC protects better than PSA. This has been tested in a YouTube video. Although I’d never leave them out anywhere outside, there is still that.

2 Likes

Honestly didn’t know that, but I would never leave my stuff out to get damaged by uv rays.

Screenshot_20230418_215213_Discord

15 Likes

People should buy what they like. My opinion on the matter is meaningless if they see value in it.

2 Likes

The Seal Approves

1 Like

REAL. I will never own a Black Label Pokemon Card because it does not fit my agenda

Yawn

1 Like

too much adc addling the grey matter

is it opposite day? everyone knows sun damage makes cards stonk in price :chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend:

4 Likes

Black label is just a matter of luck when you submit cards for grading. They are by no means 100% perfect cards. Have seen them with negligible OC or white dot.

2 Likes

There is no such thing as perfection… however you will be closer with a black label than with PSA/CGC

I prefer PSA slabs over BGS slabs. Only certain cards look better with BGS gold/black label, then those cards I will send to BGS for grading. Otherwise, it’s mostly PSA for me. 90% of my collection is in PSA slabs.

I feel sorry for the new forum member who revives this topic after five years with a legitimate discussion post.

2 Likes

Of course black labels aren’t perfect but it’s as close as perfection as you can get for a graded card.

Maybe cgcs perfect 10 is higher than bgs black label then seeing as they are perfect and you are saying bgs black labels aren’t perfect. Could it be… Perfect 10s = King of Graded Cards?

Ah yes, perfection as dictated by a company known for an error rate of ±1 on each subgrade

4 Likes

I say this respectfully, but CGC is terrible lol