Black Label Bubble? šŸ«§

Not a fan of the black label but thereā€™s a market for it. A lot of black label hype from social media from BL collectors.

If psa introduced the Illustrious 11 grade they could destroy bgs. Add an element of extra hard to get that trumpā€™s black label. Firstly a card must grade a gem mint 10 before itā€™s even considered for the opportunity to go back in for an 11 shot.

PSA is not that consistent in the psa 10 gem mint range, they probably should not have a psa 11/black label equivalent in their scale.

2 Likes

Bgs isnā€™t consistent and they have it lol.

Yea I hope PSA donā€™t follow BGS

1 Like

I dare anyone with a Black label who thinks its actually better than a BGS 9.5 or 10 to crack it and resubmit it 4 times. I bet it never receives a BL again and I know most people would never try. Its just a giant gamble without any specific reasoning for a 10/10/10/10 vs 10/10/10/9.5 in whatever category they decide to dock to keep that label gold. The hype has always been there, but with modern its basically hoping to get lucky, not have a card that is actually better than another.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see the data on 100 black labels cracked 10 times each to see the range of results tee hee.

5 Likes

Time for some E4 data. Everyone submit your modern Japanese!

4 Likes

Letā€™s do it! Everyone submit 10 modern Japanese cards and we will compile all the data for the % of the Black Label grade :sunglasses::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

38 Likes

I heard about these. Werenā€™t they in Z&Gā€™s emporium auction?

No these are fresh from a discord member

2 Likes

The bubble has popped

8 Likes

Iā€™m not sure about the whole story,

But :upside_down_face:

1 Like

A Sylveon PSA 10 master set collector cracked a black label to get a PSA 10.
I was more joking about the bubble popping. But some people are convinced a black label stays a black label forever. This is the 1st one I actually saw cracked out.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s also a PSA employee so thereā€™s that too lol

16 Likes

I will post this here as well:

1 Like

Damn it ended under $10k. Bubble popped :pensive:

3 Likes

There is one buy it now or best offer for $7000 and no one cares about it

4 Likes

last week there was even a Pikachu Scarlet & Violet Black Label like this

1 Like