Binder ring indent on card grading outcomes?

Howdy folks, I was looking for people’s experiences with (PSA) grading cards that have indents on them (in my case from a binder ring). What have your results been on cards like so?

The first is this rayquaza, it’s hard to photograph but I think it’s seeable. It’s suttle but clearly noticeable in person. It would grade a 9 normally:

drive.google.com/file/d/1-26HGdQduc4fIahAdqMCzJDa_Um45dyy/view?usp=drivesdk

The second is this togetic, this one is easier to see in the picture. Same story in person; suttle but clearly noticeable, this one slightly more so then the rayquaza. This one had 10 potential other then the indent:

drive.google.com/file/d/1-1UUxLZcsmOAGYI0PLP8mMKWEO0KjfmT/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks for looking and I look forward to hearing people’s knowledge on this!

1 Like

If it’s noticed it should get a PSA 6 or lower. I sent one in with a dent I missed and it got a 7. I’ve seen and bought cards with extremely subtle dents and they usually get 6 if that’s the only issue

1 Like

Bummmmer That sucks! They’re not even worth grading then… I even had them in a book with over 100 pounds on it for over a month and it didn’t fix it… Haha thanks for chiming in!

Using books topped by weight are useless on dents because of the suppleness of the paper.

1 Like

Yeah I found that out haha

1 Like