BGS updates their website and label

@qwachansey just posted this in his stories on how BGS just updated their website and label. While the website needed a major facelift and honestly surprised it took them this longer to integrate, I’m not a fan at all of the label change. It gives me the two steps forward, one step back analogy. I’m anal and like things to stay the same unless you really just needed to do it. Mixing old and new labels just isn’t my cup of tea. I know they’re migrating over to Plano, Tx later this year from Dallas, Texas. Thoughts?

https://new.beckett.com/

4 Likes

I assume they’ll only be using the new label for sports cards for the time being since that’s all they’ve shown us. I could be wrong, but I can’t imagine they’d throw a brand new design on already processed submissions either.

Not a fan of the design, but then again BGS never really wowed me to begin with. I’m more interested in the thickness of the slab and whether or not they’re ditching the inner sleeve method

2 Likes

Looks okay, but all label look eh at first when it’s not the norm. Can’t believe it’s happening!

1 Like

I think the label is a huge improvement.

The default font and the perferated edges looked terrible. The facelift on the logo is also much more modern looking.

I’m not sure why this one is different? the font looks a lot smaller here on the subgrades, not as good use of the blank space.

6 Likes

Also it looks like they’ve joined literally every other collecting company and opened a vault/marketplace now

1 Like

Those pictures of the new labels were just to gauge interest and get feedback. I don’t think they are 100% for sure yet.

4 Likes

It’s definitely more modern now. I’m a sucker for vintage text and look. And like what @Tapp said, I’ve always liked the thickness of the case.

Whether or not this is just a test to see what their base thinks, I suspect it will go through.

They’re changing a lot of things especially moving headquarters this Fall.

4 Likes

Let’s see what happens

new label is so much batter. Haven’t taken an in depth look at the website but judging by the label, they’re going in the right direction

I wonder if there will be a discounted rate to cross over old slabs into the new style

My initial reaction was very negative. But then for some reason this card made me appreciate it a bit more, to the point where I can stomach it.

I still don’t love the flat look of the slabs (it reminds me of SGC), but if the site is usable/submitting is as easy as it is to PSA, then I will gladly submit some cards.

A couple of other things. From pictures it looks like they’re using a smaller inner sleeve, but it’s hard to be sure. Also the inside edges of the case seem to be a lot closer to the card; I wonder how likely it is that edges can get caught on those during encapsulation.

1 Like

I’m just happy their site is usable now!

The label is decent, I can’t tell how I feel about the case/plastic. Maybe when I hold one I will get a better feel. I thought beckett cases were a bit too bulky so hopefully these are slightly slimmer.

1 Like

I like the label. The glossy finish on the old labels was sometimes obfuscating the information. New text is clearer and more concise.

A labels primary function should be the accurate presentation of information and this new label does that better just through aesthetic design changes.

1 Like

WOW Personally the new label for me looks completely terrible, it looks like one of those new crappy grading companies, I actually liked the current BGS label as I thought it looked very clean and the Beccket logo seemed like fancy, but this new Beckett logo is like I could have done it on paint myself. Very disappointing

4 Likes

Thank god it isn’t blue

2 Likes

I really like the new label. I have two cards there right now - if I get the grade I want I’d consider resubmitting them after the fact for the updated one, Really neat.

As for the website, their old website literally did not function. I can’t believe they managed to do business with it at all. Anything is an improvement over that.

Kinda concerning for me since i have a lot of bgs in the pc and it was the simple label that drew me to them. I do like the new label but im pretty deep into the old label at the moment. It would cost a lot to swap over which is concerning

1 Like

Good on them. I submitted my first ever BGS order a week ago and just got the “order received” email (still doesn’t show up in my account page, though). I wonder if I’ll get the new case and label.

I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Looks like they haven’t actually released the new slab yet (post below was from their IG). Still happy to see the website get a much need refresh though!

2 Likes