BGS White Label gone?

I saw this e-mail and it looks like BGS is done with those ugly white labels and are going strictly to silver for grades less than 9.5. Personally, I thought it would have been cool to have a bronze label for really bad grades, but I guess it’s not worth it. Thoughts?

Gif-image

1 Like

Idk why it says 9 or lower since it ahould say 8 or lower. But its a welcome change

2 Likes

Interesting move, I wonder if business is slow. Either way silver definitely looks better!

8 Likes

I rather enjoyed the good label cutoff but the silver certainly looks much better. Big win for high value low grade cards.

2 Likes

I wish they took they extra 2 seconds to push the label into the case so that it adheres properly. Most of mine have a rolled look

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they folded tomorrow. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they lasted another 500 years.

BGS could really be so much greater if they literally focused 1% more of their efforts on their terrible submission processes, order tracking and communication (which to be fair, they seem to finally be doing slowly but surely).

I like BGS slabs but sometimes I feel like I’m in an abusive relationship.

2 Likes

I feel like 9+ is the only thing I hear about with beckett.

6 Likes

selling 8 or 8.5 BGS (non base 1st ed holos) is worse than smashing your head into the wall

7 Likes

Silver looks far better but this looks like a cash grab lmao…it’s so random to advertise

2 Likes

As someone who collects bgs 9s because of the silver only, i dont think they will make tons of money off this. Nobody, not even the most hardcore bgs fan cares about sub 8.5s outside of 1st ed base holos and high end trophies.

So to those people it would be great, but most people are not sitting right now prepping 100 bgs 8s to go in at 10$ because those are cracked or in the garbage

7 Likes

Love how the Charizard they used in the example went from $38 to $39 in value with that label upgrade

1 Like

I literally was going to submit beckett, then I saw that ridiculous submission form I had to print out and the shit website. I was like nah, PSA it is

What happened to that new label? Will bgs users have to upgrade again next year? :laughing:

2 Likes

The pushback on that was so amazing, BGS had to come out and say “oh you thought we were serious? that was a joke! we were joking! quick, look at this new website!”

2 Likes

I’m really happy with the change, hated the white labels!! Just look super tacky

1 Like

Apparently an unpopular opinion but i thought the new labels were wayy better. The style jumping from 1998 to 2012

I was pretty against it but not because it looked bad, just would be too much work to reslab stuff and i dont like mismatched collection displays

1 Like

How much is it to reholder a slab at BGS? I can’t access the beckett website, looks to be down. I’m seeing on random online forums around $8?

Man I completely forgot about the new label!! Maybe it was like a new coke thing and people just wanted the original.

2 Likes

He probably will

2 Likes