BGS Regrade - 1st Edition Lugia

Hi All

I’m new here so apologies if this has been posted in wrong section.

I have a BGS 9 1st Edition Lugia that has extremely strong subgrades and is only .5 off on surface from getting a 9.5 overall. My question is, would it be worth sending this card in for a regrade? (Currently only services open are £300 with MM here in UK)

From looking at the card I can see a few print lines but would appreciate anyone who has experience grading with BGS if this is worth sending back in.

Pics of the card below with also better look at the printlines.

Subgrades are:
Centering 9.5
Corners 10
Edges 9.5
Surface 8.5

Definitely doesn’t need a regrade.

12 Likes

First of all, welcome! These questions are probably more suited in the grading megathread. I would honestly take that 9 and run, I don’t see it ever getting an upgrade. I’d even give it an 8 or 8.5

6 Likes

yes, those edges were leniently graded and the surface is graded appropriately.

3 Likes

Any of those subgrades can change by .5 to 1 full grade depending on how the grader is feeling. Its not 9.5 quality. Don’t crack and regrade unless youre ok with it coming back as an 8.5.

2 Likes

While it is 0.5 from a 9.5 it is also 0.5 from a 8.5 that may be more appropriate. Don’t see the $$ signs and lose context.

Interesting thing with the subgrade companies is that you get those occasional cards held down by a single subgrade that are technically 0.5 from the next grade up or down due to the fact that (except in rare circumstances) the overall grade can’t be higher than 0.5 more than the lowest subgrade.

4 Likes

Pretty generous already with some of those subgrades tbh

3 Likes

Welcome here @priceypokemon, this is posted in the wrong section. General grading-related questions need to be posted here: www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1

If you feel like your question hasn’t been answered fully you can ask again there!

1 Like