BGS → PSA Crossover Data

Hey all!

My apologies if this has previously been mentioned, if so please link me the thread if possible.

I was interested in data that anybody has available regarding crossing over a BGS graded Pokemon card to a PSA grade. I have read that its something like:

-PSA will usually honor the BGS grade as the PSA grade (i.e. BGS 8.5 → PSA 8.5)

-BGS 9.5 has a low chance of crossing into PSA 10

-If the BGS 9.5 contains a 10 subgrade, there is a significant chance that the card will crossover into PSA 10 (i.e. 90%)

I just read this in a google search and I find the information to be useful though the forum I read was regarding sports cards.

If anybody has any data please reach out!

Even if you merely did a crossover it would be pretty useful to know:
Beckett:
Centering Grade : ___
Corner Grade : ___
Edges Grade : ___
Surfaces Grade : ___
Final Grade : ___
PSA Crossover Grade : ___

Thanks for all input!

1 Like

One caveat I’d add to your BGS 9.5 to PSA 10 crossover is that certain 9.5 subgrades probably would kill the PSA 10 chance harder than others. Like, I imagine a 9.5 surface or 9.5 corners is readily visible and could easily prevent a PSA 10 crossover.

That being said though, I love BGS 9.5 cards! Quad 9.5s look beautiful.

1 Like

I just hit a quad 9.5 right now haha

I will add, a friend of mine on Instagram used to scoop BGS 9’s that had strong surface, corners, and edges (9.5+) and a centering that crippled the grade. He felt that PSA typically overlooks centering compared to the other categories and low and behold he crossed over PSA 10s. I’m not too sure PSA will let that fly in today’s standards though.

Also, he DID crack the cases to grade them so I shouldn’t call his process a crossover…