BGS 20-day submission actual time

Does anyone have any recent experience with the 20-day submission with Beckett? How long is it currently taking to get the process started?

www.beckett.com/grading/estimated-turnaround-times

Looks like you are looking at many months

2 Likes

Ive only sent with the 30 day option via dealer/middleman but before the virus and the grading boom, usually beckett logged cards fast and cards usually were done and slabbed within a month.

Guessing the recent rise of submissions and also having to close due to the virus a few months back they have been delayed heavily due to a huge backlog. I heard last month they were low on grading staff.

From my experience: The July 5 day submission via dealer/middleman took roughly a month and a couple of weeks and the July 30 day is still at Beckett.

No news for the July 30 day, I am guessing they are sitting unlogged. Previous 30 day submissions still haven’t come back except for the March and April submission. They were sent back together two weeks ago back.

It might be a long wait for you possibly but yet again the 20 day is a higher service level than the 30 day and would take more priority.

1 Like

they might want to rename some of those levels

1 Like

Ok same thing for me. A couple of 2-day submissions took around 1 week but the 20-day one has arrived 1 month ago now and still no news… I really hope by Xmas time but it looks veru unlikely now

1 Like

I sent in a 20 day submission and it’s been in their possession for over a month and Its still not been logged. I’m hoping it will be logged by the end of October but I’m not holding my breath.

This is a good indicator. Your probably looking at 3 to 5 months minimum.

I have a 20 day submission with beckett that was received by them May 22nd of this year and it hasn’t even been logged yet. It was my first time testing a beckett sub that wasn’t 2 day and needless to say I will never use them again.

2 Likes

Yikes, that’s crazy. I agree, very disappointing especially with the $35/$30/$25 per card fee.

1 Like

Is PSA much better/worse than BGS?. I need to buy some more CLCT stock with this backlog. Didn’t buy enough in April. Unreal.

@modernrocket , CLCT’s SEC Filing makes for an excellent read if you want some valuable insight before investing:

secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFrameset.asp?FilingID=14358858&RcvdDate=8/26/2020&CoName=COLLECTORS%20UNIVERSE%20INC&FormType=10-K&View=html

Unfortunately it’s going to possibly be a long wait. Fingers crossed for Christmas :crossed_fingers:

I am guessing the new year for my july 30 day submission which went out at the end of July.