Best way to getting artists' autographs?

Really hoping to get a signed card by an artist (for my own collection, so hopefully addressed to me). I know sometimes they come to the US for regionals or other events. What’s a good way to keep an eye out for those?

I’m also now in a spot where I have more freedom to travel and would not mind going abroad to visit a country/get a card signed by them too. Do any artists do anything regular in Japan/Europe?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Last year’s regionals ran by Overload Events had artist signings, but none so far this year have happened. Honestly your best bet is just to keep an eye on E4, usually there will be a thread about an artist signing posted on E4 if it is happening in the west/is publicly announced.

Arita is probably the most frequent signer and attends lots of events in the US and Europe. I think he was in France this past year, in addition to signing at Toronto regionals and doing some conventions in Florida. I see no reason for that to change, so keep an eye out and you’ll probably see an Arita signing sooner rather than later.

One thing I would warn you about is that signing events are incredibly popular. Don’t assume that if you go to an event, you’ll get a signature–unless you have a confirmed spot before you travel via something like an artist panel.

13 Likes

Arita will be at Hawai’i Pop Con 2024 and will sign Pokemon cards in January!

Thanks for the info. Will keep an eye out!

1 Like

Thanks, this is massive! The timing works out perfectly for me. Further question (not sure if you’ve been/know): the Con offers VIP fast pass tickets that are currently sold out. Do I still have a good shot at meeting him and getting something signed with general admission?

I would think so, but one can never be completely certain.

Got it. Thanks a lot for telling me about this!

@olyrral yup Arita will be here in Hawaii on January for the 2 day Hawaii Pop Con. They haven’t released any schedules or anything but they did say that VIP holders are only able to use their VIP pass once for Arita. So if someone wanted to get something signed on Saturday and Sunday, then they would need to have bought 2 VIP passes. He is supposed to do a live drawing/auction so I would assume that day there might be less card signings. But you never know. If you haven’t already registered for the VIP backup list, I would do that (Hawaii Pop Con 2024 VIP Waitlist). The VIP passes were $200 a ticket. It’s too bad they didn’t specify how many VIP passes there are.