Best Purchases Looking Back Thread

There are a couple ways you can look at this: what has gone up the most, or what was the best deal considering prices at the time.

If it’s the former, anything bought a few years ago will be good, as mentioned above. Realistically we’re all just waiting for anyone who bought an Illustrator for less than 10k to chime in :slight_smile:

For example, there’s an old thread here (unfortunately I can’t find it atm) where a member won one for about $6k IIRC. I’m tempted to say this became the PSA 10 copy but there are so many strings to follow there I really don’t know. Absolutely do not take this to be anything other than wild speculation/pie in the sky.

Not mine, but here is a thread where someone won a 2002 No. 1 Trainer for 72k yen. At this point I’m just plugging old posts… I will always encourage people to go back and read them!

For me/single items would be either a Mew Victory Orb that I bought for 50k yen (about £400 at the time), or a 1ED Torchic gold star for about 9k yen (about £70), both of which graded 10. I probably meant to sell both of them years ago, but was too lazy to do so. Of course, everything I did sell I should have kept as well.

Further proof that fat hands > diamond hands :upside_down_face:

2 Likes