Best new set to collect?!?

Hey all,

I’ve not posted on here for a while but, I’d imagine like most avid collectors I go through peaks and troths whilst collecting sometimes haha.

I’m looking to start a new collection and trying to work out what set to to go for.

I will be buying a booster box of something from the newer series, I was thinking I really like the full art cards in the newer sets and wanted to find a set that has a really good selection (as well as being valuable :blush:)

The newest set I have is Gym heroes/challenger so as you can tell I am a bit unsure of which sets are most desired by collectors and which sets have the most valuable cards in them from the newer collections.

I would be really appreciative to any advice that can help assist me with my selection.

Thank you in advance

Nick

Even a general idea of your favourite sets in general will be a massive help in my decision :wink:

Shining legends but that set doesn’t come in booster boxes.

Just looked at the set, really nice plus really like the Shining cards and the full art cards are pretty nice too.

What would you recommend be the best way to get packs?

I’d start with the big ho-oh box and then an elite trainer box.

I noticed there are a variation of booster box’s with 3 packs and a single card in, you don’t happen to know how many different variants there are and which pokemon is featured on each? I’d imagine i’ll try to get one of each to add to the collection too.

There are four pin collection boxes for Shining Legends; pikachu, mewtwo, zoroark and marshadow. I just got them today, excited to open them :blush:

@solaris46 keep an eye on this for all shining legends containing product. I think they keep it pretty up to date. Just ctrl+F for shining legends. bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sun_%26_Moon_TCG_Series_merchandise#Shining_Legends_Elite_Trainer_Box

If you are just looking to get bulk packs on the cheap check out eBay for 36 or larger loose pack lots. Be sure to buy from a reputable seller though and avoid anyone who may be weighing packs.

Thanks for sharing! Didn’t realize they just released a Darkrai box for shining legends.

Edit: I guess the release date is incorrect, it releases March 9th.

Japanese

Thank you I’ll have a look into it :0

I agree with everyone here! Shining Legends is awesome! Cool artwork, and it brings back the good ole Shining pokemons!